'Great Place to Work' recognition 2018, 2019, Flexible working hours, opportunity for role to be part-time, Opportunity to work on interesting project.
With approximately 49,500 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we arent tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.
Due to growth, we are looking to hire a Senior Project Engineer to join our Darwin office. The individual will play a key role in the Resources Central business in the Territory and have oversight of a wide range of projects across the mining infrastructure sector. The Resources business requires the individual to have a broad range of technical skills and experience working closely with our clients whilst also growing into a senior leadership role in the region.
What youll do:
- Build strong relationships with key clients through proactive responsiveness and a positive attitude.
- Ensure project plans are developed and implemented in accordance with designs and specifications
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects
- Scoping and packaging work to design teams nationally
- Review and improve existing designs, as appropriate by working closely with our clients
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme
What well love about you:
- Demonstrate successful project management and engineering experience in delivering large work packages on significant projects within the civil, mining and infrastructure sectors
- Ability to effectively manage budgets, systems and stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome
- A relevant engineering or construction related tertiary qualification
- Track record in delivering Australian Resources projects particularly in remote locations
What you'll love about us
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.