One of Australias leading girls schools, Full-time contract position.
Full-time, fixed-term position
(approximately 11 months)
Brisbane Girls Grammar School is one of Australias leading girls schools, established in 1875 as one of Queenslands original Grammar schools. An academically non-selective independent school, BGGS provides a broad, liberal education for 1420 girls in Years 7 to 12.
Girls Grammar strives to enrich girls lives through learning, establishing the educational foundation for young women to contribute confidently to their world with wisdom, imagination and integrity. The Schools curious, adventurous and principled students are nurtured by dedicated, expert staff, and supported by a community of parents, alumnae and friends that values the finest traditions and aspirations in education.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officers primary role is to provide efficient, high-level financial and administrative support.
The successful candidate will have proven skills in a transactional role, with a strong understanding of all accounts payable and receivable functions. You will also have experience with reconciliations and associated processes. Excellent communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work independently.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- accounts payabletimely processing and payment of invoices that are matched to purchase orders, creation of new supplier agreements and reconciliation of supplier statements, where applicable
- accounts receivableprocessing and collection of tuition fees, generation of annual, quarterly and monthly tuition fee reconciliations and statements, and receipting confirmation and advance fees
- debt managementprocessing debtor and cost recovery transactions, as per the Schools Debtors Policy
- undertaking daily banking of tuition fees, enrolment receipts, confirmation fees, donations, commercial debtors and sundry income
- completing daily bank reconciliations and monitoring daily cash flow requirements
- preparing monthly reconciliations and other end-of-month general ledger reconciliations
- checking GST and FBT compliance with invoices, ensuring correct tax coding of invoices, and collecting financial and event information in relation to FBT requirements
- undertaking general administrative duties, including parent correspondence (via phone and email), archiving and assisting with staff queries.
Qualifications and experience required
- Possess, or nearing completion of a tertiary qualification in Business or Accounting
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role, in a medium to large business
- An understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Australian Taxation Law (GST and FBT)
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and mail merge features
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain a Positive Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
Applications must include a cover letter and resume addressed to:
Brisbane Girls Grammar School
Brisbane QLD 4000
by 9 am, Monday 16 March 2020.