Exciting opportunity to work across two of Sydney’s most loved retail and leisure precincts, The Rocks and Darling Harbour
- Based in Sydney (The Rocks precinct)
- Temporary full-time role for a period of up to 12 months (maternity leave backfill)
- Salary from $110,745 plus super and leave loading.
Our Partnerships, Activations and Customer Experience team is focused on delivering every day exceptional customer experiences in The Rocks and Darling Harbour. We pride ourselves on delivering best practice events, activations and marketing campaigns that deliver commercial outcomes for our retailers and connect with our customers. This is a unique opportunity to deliver quality outcomes for government that positively impact NSW.
Place Management NSW is responsible for managing Sydney’s most historically and culturally significant waterfront locations, The Rocks and Darling Harbour - two of Sydney’s most loved precincts, and home to many attractions, cultural institutions, unique retail and casual and fine dining.
Place Management NSW is part of Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE). We manage the State's significant property portfolio and its places, which results in better visitor experiences and services for the people of NSW.
Our ideal candidate will -
- Have a strong passion for leading the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic marketing programs. Experience in retail and/or food and beverage, or precinct marketing is preferred
- Have strong digital capabilities and experience in web development, social media strategies, email marketing and digital performance
- Need to be able to plan and prioritise work to cope with workload demands and meet conflicting and critical deadlines
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholders and competing interests in order to achieve precinct visitation, activation and commercial outcomes
- Have a history in the delivery of a strategic plan within agreed timelines and budget, whilst managing a diverse range of stakeholders, given varying expectations, viewpoints and interests.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role and are interested in creating a more prosperous NSW we would love to hear from you!
Appropriate qualifications and/or relevant industry experience.
Applying for the role
Apply by submitting a current resume and brief cover letter which outlines your skills and experience
Closing Date: Monday 23 March 2020 at 11:55pm
A recruitment talent pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next 18 months.
Our commitment to Diversity
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disability.
Our commitment to flexible working
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to explore new ways of working - including part-time, job-share or working from different locations. Everyone can ask about it.