Multi Awards Winning Engineering Firm, Great Company Culture, Personal Development Opportunity.
Sparks & Partners
The vision of Sparks and Partners is to bring to the industry a project-centric approach by providing quality engineering services through inspired people.
How we do this is by providing a culture that values training, commitment and communication which empowers people to achieve their goals. By using current & emerging technology and innovative techniques to deliver successful engineering solutions. By building lasting relationships by understanding the client needs & requirements through open and effective communication.
Our core values centre on an unwavering commitment to quality. Creating and maintaining open, transparent long-term relationships with all people we deal with and respecting honed experience and knowledge whilst inviting innovation and dynamic drive. We invest in education, technology and empowering people, both in and out of our company. Considered and consultative design, that balances and preserves commercial, technical, aesthetic and environmental integrity. These principles combine to instil trust, encouraged through our practiced and established history of engineering excellence.
Purpose of Role
As the Practice Manager, you are the driving force behind the seamless operations of our office, firm and people. Your role frees up our technical staff to do what they do best serve our clients by producing exceptional work. You will do this by managing front and back of house operations, HR Compliance and overseeing finance and budget, in conjunction with the Accounts Manager.
You will report to the three Directors of this fast-paced and high growth engineering consultancy.
We are a performance-based operation and measure on outcomes, not hours.
The outcomes you will be measured on include:
- To make sure we are always compliant with the following:
- OH & S,
- ISO 9001
- Internal QA Guidelines
- S+P policies and procedures
- S+P Way of Doing Things (See below).
- To keep the office in top shape. This may mean anything from making sure we have enough of the right hardware, software and other equipment for everyone to do their jobs effectively to taking care of the turtle in the tank in our lobby). You will have a small team to help you with these items, but you will be accountable for ensuring that these goals are met. What you will be measured on is:
- All hardware and office equipment will be in working order at all times.
- We have enough of the right equipment for all staff at all times.
- Our software licenses will be up to date at all times.
- Other items as needed and agreed to with the Directors.
- You will also assist our external experts with HR responsibilities. This includes:
- Keeping track of our 1:1 sessions between managers and direct reports to make sure they happen according to schedule and are documented.
- Ensuring all HR practices are in compliance with the applicable legislation.
- Keeping track of leave.
- Being the first point of contact for employees complaints.
- Assisting us with onboarding and offboarding employees. This will be inclusive of Contracts, position descriptions and performance reviews.
- Over time you will set up a How to Guide for the office which goes through step by step procedures for all of the above.
- You may also be required to work with our Finance Manager on our accounts, budgets and forecasts as needed.
Strengths Required to Successfully Achieve the Goals
If people spend time working in the areas of their strengths, they will not only be more effective in the job; they will be happier.
We believe the following strengths are required to successfully achieve the goals above.
You are able to simplify things so that others can understand.
You create the conditions for people to grow and develop for themselves.
You provide fair and accurate feedback to others, to help them develop.
You juggle things to meet changing demands and find the best fit for your needs.
You are exceptionally well-organized in everything you do.
You have an inner composure and self-assurance, whatever the situation.
You constantly look for better ways of doing things and how things can be improved.
You achieve success by keeping going, particularly when things are difficult.
Having these strengths are much more important than having experience doing a role like this before. There are a number of roles you might be in now that would provide a good background for this one. They include:
- Practice Manager for a Law Firm or Medical Clinic
- Operations Manager for a Professional Services Firm
- General Manager for a small firm
- EA for a group of executives.
Interested Lets talk.
For your application to be considered please answer the following questions:
- What attracts you to the company and the role
- Which of the strengths listed are your best strengths and why