Career development opportunities and room to grow, Progressive organisation that supports flexible working, Ongoing full time opportunity.
- Transport Service Grade 4 ($72,148 - $79,362) + employers contribution to superannuation annual leave loading and flex leave
- Ongoing full time opportunity
- Located in Glen Innes or Newcastle NSW
At Transport for NSW (TfNSW), people are at the centre of everything we do and the driving force of our success. Its a team that will affect the lives of millions of people every day, connecting the population of NSW and shaping the future of our cities, centres and regions. Its an exciting journey and a great time to join our team as we transform NSW.
We are currently looking for a Shared Services Officer to join our Transport Shared Services team. The primary purpose of the role is to respond to multi-channel customer enquiries at first contact, as well as to processes transactions using defined processes. This includes using computerised systems, telephony and technology solutions, in order to support the effective and efficient delivery of tier 0 and tier 1 services to a range of internal and external customers.
Furthermore, the role contributes to the development of a high-quality knowledge base for the TSS Service Centre by undertaking the writing and review of knowledge articles, as well as providing training and coaching to team members. This position will also be responsible for resolution and management of escalations from the Shared Services Support Officer roles.
Customer Service is at the heart of this position. We are looking for a motivated individual with proven experience in putting the customer first! The role plays an active part in supporting the wider Transport for NSW business, and will report into the Team Leader.
- Provide consistently high-quality customer service by interpreting and resolving first-contact enquiries from internal customers and external vendor, public, and industry enquiries in a fast-paced shared services environment.
- Process a range of transactions accurately and efficiently, referencing shared service knowledge articles to ensure the transaction is consistently executed accordingly to requirements.
- Escalate more complex enquiries and transactions to ensure the timely and effective resolution of issues, providing feedback to the customer to ensure they are aware of the progress of their enquiry and or transaction.
- Achieve the required shared services performance levels in terms of customer satisfaction, efficiency and effectiveness of services provided.
- Effectively use a range of computerised systems, technology and telephony solutions to undertake work tasks, triage, refer or escalate work tasks, enter data and maintain up to date records in order to facilitate work allocation, performance analysis and service improvement.
Under the direction of the Service Improvement team, undertake the writing and review of knowledge articles for tier 0 and tier 1 enquiries and transactions, participate in regular quality assessments as well as provide training and coaching to team members.
For more information on this position, view the role descriptionhere.
Experienced candidates from a shared services or contact centre environment, with expertise in HR will be highly regarded. Previous experience within an administrative or transactional environment will also be highly valued. Strong written and verbal communication and attention to detail are essential for this role. You will need to display developed problem solving and analytical skills.
There are opportunities to progress your career within this team, and learn additional skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in a customer-centric service organisation such as a contact centre, service centre, shared service, corporate or managed service environment
Demonstrated ability to adapt, to learn and implement new processes and procedures as new technology, service requirements and work methods emerge
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of customer experience and to build rapport, understand customer requirements and to provide best possible service approach from first contact.
Experience using multiple computer-based systems and ability to learn new systems with ease.
At Transport our people have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities, health and wellbeing programs and a program that helps you stay connected with work before, during and after parental leave.
- Salary packaging options (Superannuation/car lease options)
- Flexible hours between 7am 7pm
- Flex days & flexible working arrangements
- Career development and progression
- Partnership with Fitness Passport for ongoing staff and their families to access more than 390 gyms and pools at a discounted rate
Our Commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations, and enjoy a flexible and diverse working environment which values collaboration and personal development, then wed like to meet you.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit aresume and brief covering letter(cover letter no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) The reason for your interest, and
b) How your skills and experience suit the role
c) Clearly highlight your preferred location/s in order of preference
Applications close: 11:59 PM Sunday 22nd March 2020.