Do you have high level management skills in Transport & Logistics operations, Sound knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting, costing, tendering and cost, Strong external stakeholder engagement coupled with service orientation and pr.
Toll Group, part of Japan Post, is the Asia Pacific region's leading provider of integrated logistics services, employing approximately 40,000 people across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Toll's second-to-none capabilities and global reach help provide customers with logistics solutions capable of serving the most comprehensive global supply chains.
The role of the State Manager - Coles QLD is to lead and ensure delivery of quality transport and logistics services to customers while maximising the profitability and the productivity of the State Operations for Parkinson and Forest Lake sites. The State Manager - Coles QLD is responsible for leading, coaching and driving the transport and distribution managers to deliver at a high level all operational and commercial functions. Second to this it is core to developing and maintains effective relationships with customers to ensure service needs and expectations are met and all areas for contract growth are explored and facilitated.
- Set priorities, budgets and plans to achieve overall unit strategy, goals and targets.
- Assess, optimise and develop capability and resources.
- Balance capabilities to achieve the strategy.
- Create and develop own initiatives for growth and innovation.
- Collaborate to promote and build acceptance of these across the business by providing the necessary leadership and resources.
- Set and manage standards and performance expectations for front line or work group leadership to ensure the highest standards of excellence in customer service, reliability and efficiency, and sustainability in safety and environmental performance.
- Maximise profitability by linking management goals and standards with the practical means of achievement in a high impact operation or area of the business which drives significant improvement in profitability.
- Ensure frontline or work group leadership have a customer first mindset and the operation is set up to put the customer first especially when linking with other operations or businesses to provide the service.
Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years experience in a senior leadership role.
- Sound experience in Logistics/Supply Chain Management across all modes - warehousing, transport, freight forwarding in Australia.
- A sound knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting, costing, tendering and cost analysis.
- Strong service orientation and related skills.
- Ability to understand and use profit and loss statements to manage the business unit.
- Able to maintain cost effective staffing levels.
- Familiarity with KPIs and using them to monitor and manage the operation.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage site-based business plans.
- Understanding of HSE policies and Legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State Law requirements.
- Understanding of accounting practices, including financial planning.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Ability to promote and facilitate operational and cultural change at the contract/operations level.
Working at Toll
At Toll, were proud to be a leading integrated logistics provider in the Asia Pacific region. And we know our success is due to the quality and skill of our talented people - quite simply, our people are our most valuable asset. We work hard to create a workplace that supports our peoples careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work.
When you join Toll, youll join 40,000 customer-focused people who are working across 1200 locations in more than 50 countries. Our employees are passionately committed to our vision - to deliver outstanding logistics solutions for our customers, at every stage of the supply chain.
Toll Group does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to any Toll Group employees. Toll Group will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
All Toll Group employees must be entitled to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing.