Work part time (16 hours pw) with flexible hours, Generous NFP salary packaging options, Be part of a friendly team that enriches people's lives.
About the role: Join us and use your journalism, professional communication and content creation skills. Our role involves a combination of writing promotional, corporate and fundraising copy in a range of styles for on-line and off-line publication. This includes writing social media posts, newsletters, annual reports, funding submissions, website copy, media releases, advertising copy, articles and blogs. In addition, it involves maintaining and updating The Butterys websites, social media activities and digital media presence. This is a fixed term contract until June 2020 with potential for renewal with an 80k package pro rata.
About you: You are self-directed and can show initiative with the ability to work both in a team and by themselves. Priority setting, time management, a strong work ethic and passion for communication, marketing and fundraising are essential for this position.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Journalism and/or Public Relations
- At least 5 years proven professional experience in a role of similar nature with a portfolio of work to demonstrate exemplary writing and editing skills in a variety of styles and mediums.
- Technical expertise in digital marketing platforms, marketing and data analysis with social media, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google AdWords and use of Facebook Ad Manager.
- Demonstrated media relations experience and connections with local and national media in order to generate media coverage.
- Awareness of contemporary community services issues including AOD and mental health
- Active participation in industry networks, memberships, publications
A satisfactory current Criminal Record Check, valid Driver's Licence and Working with Children Check is mandatory prior to commencement.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a short writing exercise to demonstrate their ability to write a brief in a variety of styles.
About us: The Buttery is an independent not-for-profit community-based organisation which specialises in the treatment of people with alcohol or other drug, gambling and mental health issues. It includes one of Australias longest-established and most reputable residential programs as well as a range of outreach services and a user-pays social enterprise. With us, you will
Please use each of the six selection criteria as a heading and write a brief paragraph under each one addressing it. Unfortunately, applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: Tuesday 17th March
The Buttery recognises the benefits that diversity and inclusion bring, and encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and CALD and LGBTIQ community members are encouraged to apply.