$200-220K base + super + vehicle, Major roads / highways construction experience (TMR projects), Bid management & delivery experience.
About the business
In the current market conditions, these roles don't come around very often. Our client is a significant player in the transport civil contractor space with major projects and operations across Australia. This is an exciting time for the business as they look to further strengthen their operations and are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager / Bid Manager to join an established and experienced team in the Brisbane office with a key focus on developing their transport infrastructure business unit. Target project range is from $75m - $600m.
About the role
This role will see you play an integral part in helping to grow the business by supporting pre-contracts and then moving into a delivery role taking full accountability on the major project. A key focus is the SE QLD region with 6 major packages coming online. You will be reporting to the General Manager and will and will be responsible for managing and controlling all aspects of the project including H&S, Commercial & Contractual Aspects, overall programming of the works, staffing and building of the team, and management of the delivery team to meet project objectives. Ability to ensure program delivery within the required period and budget is essential.
Benefits and perks
- First class work-life balance/ quality of life!
- Gain experience working with the best in the business
- Join a tight-knit team focused on advancing its capabilities across SE QLD.
- Supportive team culture, exciting projects and excellent remuneration for the right candidate. More importantly, this must be viewed as a career move rather than a stop gap. Our client has a long history of looking after their people and nurturing their careers.
- Attractive package with performance bonus structure
- Brisbane based role
Demonstrated Experience Required
Understand the critical financial expectations that the project needs to deliver in revenue, profit and effective cost control. Implement disciplines and capability at all levels to ensure that these are met. Company reporting systems and financial tools need to be utilized at the project level for financial reporting protocol and timelines. Projects are monitored and reviewed with actions taken to ensure project targets are optimized.
Leads the project team to achieve all project outcomes Hires, develops and retains people to produce high-quality project outcomes; continuously reviews the performance of employees against performance criteria, provides feedback on performance and sets goals to meet project outcomes.
Manages, documents and communicates the obligations and rights under the Head contract while ensuring the processes are implemented to identify, control, mitigate and report significant risks and opportunities. Manage, develop, negotiate and control subcontractor and supply agreements.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Management:
Leads the project to achieve exemplary safety outcomes and ensures project HSEQ objectives are set, shared are adhered to with the objective of creating an exemplary safety culture.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Min bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- RPEQ status would be viewed as an advantage
- Proven major projects delivery experience with a civil contractor on previous TMR projects
- An excellent communicator, comfortable with the management of site teams, Project Engineers, and sub-contractors
- Min 12-15+ years of engineering construction experience
- Demonstrated Major roads projects experience: $100M+
- Ensure program delivery within the required timeframe and budget
- Provide and ensure system documentation approvals
- Ensure & manage procurement schedule and documentation
- Provide advice on constructability during planning and construction works
- Ensure that design reviews are delivered in a timeous & cost-efficient manner
- Experience in DTMR projects is required