Who Is TasWater
TasWater is Tasmanias water and sewerage provider. We are a statewide team delivering essential services across Tasmania 24/7/365. We are interested in our communities, excited about the future and take pride in the work we do.
We are a values-driven organisation. We are looking for someone who can sign-up to working in a way that reflects our values, who builds respectful relationships and who delivers great results for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced surveyor to join our team working on a range of data improvement projects. You will provide surveying services (asset, engineering and topographic) to improve the quality of our GIS and asset data. The role involves working with a range of stakeholders and performing a variety of survey tasks, including working with enterprise Information Systems. There is a strong emphasis on data quality, benchmarking and optimising data workflows. This role can be located in Hobart, Launceston or Devonport.
- Create and maintain a project plan outlining business requirements and a schedule of work.
- Coordinate resources to deliver projects according to the project plan.
- Collect spatial data using relevant standards and specifications, including asset condition assessments.
- Perform data quality checks on contracted survey services and process data from third party providers.
- Provide surveying services to support projects, investigations and ad hoc requests.
- Provide professional advice on equipment, methodology and data processing.
- Research and prepare Business Cases in support of future projects.
Your application must include a cover letter that tells us about:
- Why you are interested in this role.
- Your tertiary qualification in Surveying, Geomatics, Information Systems Technology, Engineering, or Science discipline, or equivalent competence.
- Your experience working with projects, programs of work, or in similar target-driven environments.
- Your experience in operating surveying equipment (e.g. GNSS, Total Stations).
- Your dedication to getting it right and consistently producing complete and accurate outputs.
Why join the TasWater Team
We recognise that it is our people who play a key role in helping us achieve our vision to be a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania.
You can look forward to working in an exciting, stimulating workplace that provides a range of opportunities to make a real difference to the community. We encourage our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development, with a focus on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today's climate is important, offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
At TasWater we care about diversity and inclusion. Thats why were working harder to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve - a workplace where people feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to providing a workplace that actively includes and values contributions from all communities, and we welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds and with all abilities. If you believe your values match those of TasWater, we look forward to hearing from you. We know there are many aspects of our employees lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we encourage you to share with us what flexibility means to you.
How to apply
- Visit our website https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers to find out more about the role and view the position description.
- For assistance in applying, go to https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers/Applying-for-a-position
- Make sure you follow the instructions in the Your Application section above to give yourself the best chance of being selected for interview.
- Submit your application via the Apply Now button in SEEK
Applications close 12 noon on 24 March 2020.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.