Project Administrator - Fleurieu/KI
14 hours per week, $25,495 per annum
Responsible for delivering selected delegated elements of the DSS Volunteer Management Program for the Fleurieu Kangaroo Island region, in conjunction with the strategic direction of Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc
Terms and conditions of employment:
This is a newly created part time position of 14 hrs per week over 2 days based at the Southern Volunteering office in Victor Harbor. The days of work are Tuesday and Thursday 9am - 4pm. Alternative days, including evening and weekend work may be requested occasionally, however this is not anticipated to be a regular occurrence.
The duration of the contract is for a specific period ending 30 June 2021. Any extension to this contract of employment will be subject to ongoing funding and satisfactory performance.
The SVSA Collective Workplace Agreement includes provision for salary sacrifice.
Southern Volunteering (SA) Incs mission is to provide a vital leadership role in advancing volunteering through service delivery, promotion, advocacy and support for individuals and the community.
The main office for Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc is based in Christies Beach and services are primarily delivered across the Onkaparinga and Fleurieu KI regions. The organisation receives a combination of funding from federal, state and local government, organisation membership fees and fee-for-service training.
The role of the Project Administrator Fleurieu/KI is to deliver delegated elements of the Activity Work Plan objectives which have been developed as part of the contractual obligations of the Department of Social Services (DSS) Agreement for the Volunteer Management Activity (VMA)
This role is critical to maintain professional delivery of volunteer referral and member organisation services 2 days a week in the Fleurieu-KI region.
- To be available to interview and place potential volunteers who visit the regional office during opening hours of Tuesday and Thursday 10am 1pm or be on site to support volunteers selected and trained by the Office & Volunteer Manager to deliver interviews
- To maintain up to date information on the Viktor Online database
- To liaise closely with the larger team of the organisation and maintain consistency with implementing procedures within a regional office
- To support a small team of volunteers engaged to assist in delivery of services
- Monitor and maintain contact with current membership base
- Provide the statistical information requested by the Office & Volunteer Manager for reporting purposes
- Any other duties commensurate with the post as determined
Experience and/or qualifications:
- Administration qualification or demonstrated experience of high level of competency in general office administration and I.T. including web based applications such as surveymonkey
- Experience in a customer/client based environment with demonstrated experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Able to work as part of a team while also having the capacity to work independently; exercising initiative and discretion
- Professional level of verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy in maintaining electronic records
- Ability to liaise with potential volunteers and volunteer involving organisations and a knowledge of volunteering
- Experience in use of the Viktor Online database
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle as occasional travel will be required across the Fleurieu Peninsula or to the Christies Beach office. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
Applications can be made by sending a resume with a covering letter that addresses the requirements above. Closing date is Monday 30th March 2020, 9am.