Experience in commercial contract management, Working for a well reputed company within the transport sector, Capable of delivering a comprehensive and value-added approach.
In mid-2014, an exciting Light Rail system in the Gold Coast came alive, linking people and communities along the coast. The G:link is operated and maintained by Keolis Downer Gold Coast (KD). Keolis Downer is Australias largest private provider of multimodal public transport, operating G:link, Yarra Trams and close to 1000 buses in Australia. Keolis Downer is a joint venture between Keolis, one of the worlds largest public transport operators, and Australian services firm, Downer. As a world-class, reliable and integrated transport network, G:link is central to the Gold Coast City Council's 'Bold Future' vision to be a leader in sustainable living.
Keolis Downer is seeking an experienced Procurement & Commercial Contract Specialist to join our team, capable of delivering a comprehensive and value-added approach to procurement and commercial contract management in support of the activities of the Gold Coast Light Rail.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be essentially be the Subject Matter Expert responsible for contracts, contract management and all related procurement activities. To do this, you will need to engage with various business leaders and internal / external stakeholders to provide commercial expertise on processes and governance activities which support strategic business objectives, including but not limited to; contract interpretation and management, Supplier Relationship Management, bids, tenders and procurement activities.
- Managing, reviewing and negotiating contracts in collaboration with our in-house legal team, including the major Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance;
- Establishing and implementing processes and systems to ensure contracts and supplier performance are appropriately managed and remain suitably governed and compliant;
- Ensure all the commercial requirements under the O&M Agreement are understood and delivered and that relevant parties are aware of their obligations;
- Provide direction and guidance on contracts and associated commercial matters to various members of staff including the Senior Leadership Team;
- Contribute to the resolution of specific O&M Agreement and any Subcontractor issues or disputes including the sourcing, briefing and management of all internal and external legal support;
- To ensure the business is successful commercially through the control of project contractual issues, including subcontracts;
- Provide a central point of contact for claims, commercial and contractual notices;
- Seeking opportunities to increase value, reduce costs and mitigate commercial risk through improved commercial and procurement practices and strategic sourcing, including supplier category management;
- Responsible for end to end procurement for significant agreements: Preparing, receiving and analysing bids, proposals, quotations and tender submissions, providing recommendations for contract selection through selection and contract execution;
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers; and
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation within the contract management area, including process development, procedural enhancements etc.
- Proven hands-on experience in commercial contract management including supplier and category management, bids and procurement, negotiation and drafting of contract schedules and statements of work etc.;
- Applicable tertiary qualification relating to Commercial Management or Law;
- Strong financial and commercial acumen; and
- Knowledge and proven abilities in contract administration, claims and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and advise on commercial terms in contracts, coupled with good knowledge of contract and commercial law;
- Ability to manage competing priorities within tight time frames;
- Self-directing capabilities which enable you to work collaboratively in a values-based organisation;
- Agile and responsive to changing business requirements;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, effectively mitigate risks, with a solutions-focused approach; and
- Proven fluent ability in written and spoken English, and legally entitled to live and work in QLD.
All KD workers have a responsibility to comply with and implement the Integrated Management System and to participate in processes, systems and procedures for Safety, Quality & Environment (SQE) that support KD business activities. Responsibilities are set out below:
- Comply with and implement the processes and systems that support positive safety culture and integrate positive safety culture into everyday work activities and behaviours
- Contribute through the implementation of work activities and demonstrate behaviours in line with a positive safety culture to achieve KDs objectives and targets
- Comply with and implement, participate in and support the KDs continual improvement processes and systems
- Participate in internal and external audits for continual improvement of KDs systems and processes
- Comply with and implement KDs systems and processes
- Attend education, awareness and training provided by KD, hold the competencies to perform the role
- Report all incidents and accidents in accordance with KDs incident reporting process
- Participate in KDs injury management process
- Integrate SQE performance requirements into behaviours and activities, follow processes and systems and provide feedback to the SQE team to facilitate continual improvement
- Comply with and implement KDs Fit for Work programs and system and attend work fit for work
- Comply with and implement the SQE requirements for human factors identification and assessment
- Participate in, comply with and implement the processes and systems that facilitate corrective actions, opportunities for improvement and hazard reporting
As part of the recruitment processes at KD, job applicants will be required to provide a National Police Certificate. Further to this, successful candidates will be required to provide a National Police Certificate where requested throughout employment. Given the nature of the position you have applied for and, in particular, the duties and responsibilities that it includes, KD considers this to be a reasonable requirement. KD will assess a candidates and employees criminal record history against the inherent requirements of the relevant position before making a determination as to their suitability or otherwise for the role.
Keolis Downer is an Equal Opportunities Employer.