- Permanent full time
- Join our friendly and supportive Billing Hub
- Work for one of Australia’s largest private health care providers
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional Billing Clerk to join our WA Billing Hub team, located at Osbourne Park, in close proximity to Hollywood Private Hospital.
About the Role
As a Billing Clerk, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of the Accounts Receivable and Billing functions for WA Ramsay Hospitals. This will include undertaking receipting, following up with Health Fund queries, and communicating with Doctors and patients regarding billing.
This role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Billing hospital accounts
- Managing customer account queries
- Managing refunds and debt collection for allocated accounts
To succeed in this role, you will be demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment, while maintaining positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments.
You will also bring;
- Initiative, accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Good general knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology;
- Confidence and experience with medical billing systems such as genie and Meditech;
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Background experience such as: medical practice or hospital billing, health fund or Medicare claims; and
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of Meditech patients management system or other medical billing software; and
- Experience using Meditech or other patient administration software.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Close Date: Tuesday, 17 March 2020 at 11.55 pm