CATWEST is a locally owned roadworks company (road profiling, asphalt, spray seal and traffic management) based in Narngulu, Geraldton. We are AS4801 certified and committed to improving WHSEQ outcomes in our region.
We are currently seeking an experienced, qualified and dynamic WHS Manager to take charge of our compliance division and lift our organisation to the next level. The majority of the work will be local (Geraldton-based) with occasional away work as required. The role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone and fuel card will be provided.
About the role: Reporting to the General Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to and record all prestart and toolbox meetings
- Conduct BAC tests prior to the commencement of each shift and random drug tests as required
- Assist our workforce with online and on-site inductions for third party organisations
- Conduct regular inspections and WHS audits on Catwest work sites
- Maintain PPE and WHS inventory system
- Prepare, update and enforce SMPs, ERPs, SWMS & JHA/JSAs for site-specific tasks
- Coordinate with Operations and Administration to ensure a smooth workflow
- Coordinate with Compliance to ensure conformance at all stages
- Maintain multiple registers within the Mango IMS
- Investigate accidents/incidents and prepare reports for management and third parties
- Handle any WHS issues raised by our workforce with humility, sincerity and respect
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain relationships with external support services and government agencies
- Make referrals for intervention, rehabilitation, counselling and support as appropriate
- Coordinate return to work programmes for injured workers
- Process Workers Compensation Claims in line with applicable legislation
- Review and update WHS policies and procedures in consultation with the IMS Representative
- Perform Verification of Competency assessments on our workforce as required
- Assist in the enforcement of disciplinary measures and performance management tasks
- Minimum 5yrs experience in a similar role
- Exposure to Traffic Management services in a construction context
- Current C-Class (unrestricted) drivers licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Cert IV: Work Health and Safety
- Cert IV: Training & Assessment
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Tech-savvy and proficient with MSOffice 365
- Attention to detail with well-developed numeracy and literacy
- Flexibility with start/finish times and a willingness to travel is a must
- HR drivers licence (or above) would be advantageous
- Tickets to operate one or more of the following would also be highly regarded;
- Front-end Loader
- Skid-steer Loader (Bobcat)
- BWTM (Traffic Management Accreditation) or willingness to attain
- Experience using the Mango IMS will put you ahead of the pack
No experience with profiling, asphalt or spray seal is needed, as full on-the-job training will be provided. We value a strong work ethic, honesty, trustworthiness and reliability above all else.
If you consider yourself comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and can manage, adapt and contribute to that change, we would love to see your resume. Please submit along with a covering letter outlining your availability and salary expectation. A relocation allowance may also be considered for the right applicant.
We are a growing organisation with multiple, independent work crews. To ensure maximum coverage and availability across the organisation, we will also consider a job-share arrangement with a WHS Site Officer. The structure is flexible and will ultimately depend on the evolving needs of the business as well as the calibre and availability of applicants
If applying as a pair, please ensure you make this clear in your cover letter. Each person must apply through Seek individually and address our pre-selection criteria. Each individual will be assessed on their own merits; we cannot guarantee that applicants who apply as a pair will be hired as a pair.
We are an inclusive workplace and encourage women, Indigenous Australians and members of the LGBTIQ+ community to apply.
Please be aware that all shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo a mandatory pre-employment screening process, which includes a drug and alcohol test, fitness test and general medical examination.