- Permanent full time | 38 hours per week
- Located in North Melbourne | Synergy Smash Repairs
- Utilise your Trade Skills to make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Synergy Auto Repairs is a social enterprise smash repair workshop based in North Melbourne. Synergy offers a full suite of smash repair services, while providing on-the-job training and work experience for marginalised youth; aged 15-20 years who have had trouble with the law.
You will support youth at risk in obtaining a Certificate II in Automotive, work experience, and pathways into apprenticeships.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide on the job training and guidance in learning new skills
- Mentor the youth to complete the apprenticeship and gain a career as a panel beater
- Support all participants as they work through the program
- Utilise your skills in panel beating to give back to your industry and teach youth
Requirements for Success
- Extensive Experience within a Body shop or Accident Repair Centre
- Relevant qualification such as a Trade Certificate, Tradespersonï¿½s Rights Certificate or equivalent, nationally accredited training
- Sound knowledge of vehicle repair techniques and applies quality control techniques
- Ability to mentor and guide youth participants
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Closing date midnight, Thursday 26 March 2020.