Permanent Full-Time Position, $113,522.72 - $128,560.52 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, Monthly RDOs Available.
Coordinator Strategic Planning
Reference number: 13207
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 29 March 2020
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Classified as Band 8
- $113,522.72 - $128,560.52 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Monthly RDO’s Available
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 128,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
Moonee Valley City Council offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to join the Strategic Planning Department. This role is responsible for leading a team of professional officers to plan for appropriate development in Moonee Valley, to provide input to and help with delivery of MV2040 the city’s long-term strategy, assist economic growth and meet social objectives with the aim to achieve a vibrant community.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and have demonstrated experience in delivering a Strategic Planning Program, including the development and management of strategic land use policy, programs and strategies to further Council’s key strategic directions and priorities.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience and skill in developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- A track record of delivering strategic planning outcomes within defined timelines and budget constraints
- Significant experience in project management of strategic urban planning responsibilities
- Highly developed analytical and research skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex ideas to a range of audiences
- A thorough understanding of the Victorian Planning system
- High-level negotiation and resolution skills
- A degree qualification in Strategic/Land Use Planning or closely allied field is required along with extensive experience in strategic urban planning.
At Moonee Valley City Council, we provide a number of benefits to our valued employees including:
- Flexible work opportunities
- Local Government Employees Health Plan
- Active social club
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Employee assistance programs / phone or in person counselling services
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications Close: 29/03/2020