Mechanical Fitter/Machinist Valve Technician.
Unanderra based valve/actuation company requires tradesperson with experience in mechanical fitting, repairs, assessment, assembly and testing and experience in machining such as lathe
A good understanding in general mechanics is expected. Work on mechanical, pneumatic and electrical devices required
We are seeking a motivated Mechanical fitter/Machinist to join our successful growing team on a full-time basis from Monday to Friday 38+ hours a week.
As a growing company, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage the workshop completely . if successful
Some of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Strip down of valves and / or actuators
- Clean parts
- Assess & Repair requirements
- Small machining work
- Fill up job reports
- Hydro and Nitrogen testing
- Stock management
Skills and experience
- Strong commitment to quality and safety
- Be punctual and have a good work ethic, Work autonomously
- Computer literate in Word, Excel (CAD is a bonus)
- Problem solving and machining experience:
Manual and/or CNC (CNC Machining is a bonus: ie, Mills and Lathes)
- Knowledge of Mechanical Fitting & Assemblies
- Be a generator of ideas and ability to think outside the square
- Understanding of Technical drawings
- Ability to read and work from engineering drawings
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with other team members at all levels
- Ability to work in a high paced environment running your own section
Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applicants without a current resume and checkable references.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis with at least a permanent residancy.
We are prepared to pay above award salary based on experience and ability.
Salary is paid monthly.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted that meet the above criteria.
Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Trades & Services