Department of Treasury and Finance
- Apply your expertise to a wide range of economic policy issues;
- Be part of a small, dynamic and highly skilled team in a central Hobart location; and
- Enjoy flexible work arrangements which support your lifestyle.
The Department requires a motivated Senior Policy Analyst that demonstrates initiative in undertaking complex research, has strong analytical skills, the ability to communicate precisely and succinctly, and the ability to understand complex issues and identify possible solutions, ideally in a policy setting.
Does this sound like you
If it is, you will have the opportunity to work within an iconic central agency, researching and analysing economic, financial, regulatory or legislative issues to support the provision of policy advice to the Government.
- assisting in preparation of advice on submissions to the Government and Cabinet, major correspondence and reports on complex economic, financial and regulatory policy issues;
- undertaking research, investigation and analysis of economic, financial, regulatory or legislative proposals;
- assisting in the provision of advice in relation to trends and developments in the international, national and Tasmanian economies;
- contributing to the provision of high level advice on policy issues, including State and national economic reform initiatives; and
- representing the Branch and the Department on committees and in other forums as required.
To be successful in this diverse role, you will need to be able to demonstrate initiative and the ability to manage work outputs for your areas of responsibility and work effectively in a team environment. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues, the ability to use a range of sources to obtain factual information, have sound quantitative skills, including experience with spreadsheets such as Excel, and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
The Salary range for this role is $85 575 to $89 811 pro rata per annum, plus superannuation.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of applicants and provide opportunities for flexible working arrangements.
Period of Appointment
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.5 - hours flexible - talk to us about how this could work for you. We are open to considering a range of flexible work options including part-time hours.
Completion or partial completion of relevant tertiary qualifications and/or professional affiliation.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
Applicants can access full details about the role and supporting information and advice on submitting an application, by clicking here where you will be directed to the Tasmanian government website.
Before applying, we encourage you to make contact with the person listed below to ensure you have a good understanding of the role and how it fits within Treasury.
To apply, please provide a copy of your current Resume and Short Form Application (maximum 2 pages) outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties.
Closing Date: 22 March 2020 at 11.55pm
Vacancy No: 724254