- Full Time role with exciting career prospects
- Location: Maroochydore | Nambour | Caloundra
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Sales Representative is responsible for supporting the Sunshine Coast region and reports to the Disability Employment Services (DES) Program Manager. The role will be responsible for engaging and building relationships with employers, community providers and Mission Australia DES participants with the aim of placing participants into sustainable employment and supporting them to maintain meaningful employment. Mission Australia Sunshine Coast are a supportive and passionate team that loves to go the extra mile for their participants. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify suitable employment opportunities for our participants within the Sunshine Coast region
- Directly approaching employers to advocate on behalf of participants to create employment opportunities
- Educating employers and the community on the benefits of hiring people with disability
- Ensuring employers area aware of the suite of services provided by Mission Australia to support our participants in the workforce
- Work with Employment Advisors to provide face to face support to both employers and participants to ensure employment retention
- Complete and manage all system administration tasks needed to ensure compliance for all placements and outcomes
- Maximise all employment outcomes by identifying job seekers who are not meeting their requirements and implementing strategies and solutions with employers to meet requirements
- Develop and establish networks with community partners and organisations to support delivery of the Disability Management Services (DMS) contract
- Develop tools and resources and/or business improvement strategies to support jobseekers to maintain their employment.
Requirements for Success
- Ability to develop sound internal and external working relationships and networks
- Be proactive and jump on opportunities as they arise!
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Have the ability to develop your own strategy to meet monthly KPI’s
- Have the ability to understand the needs of our participants and support them to maintain long term independence through employment
- Strong internal and external stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to build long term partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and conceptual and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, confident, proactive with high standards of work and an innovative approach
- Have a solutions based approach to handling objections
- Current Driver’s License
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Applications close at 6pm on Monday 30th March but please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.