- full-time 12-month contract role (maternity leave cover)
- based in the Sydney CBD
- attractive salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
About the role
Accountant Portfolio Support role will report to Portfolio Accountant based in CBD Sydney.
Key responsibilities include:
- prepare monthly Portfolio and Cost Centre Income and Expenditure reports for Wesley Mission management and operations
- prepare month end and year end reconciliations and ensure these are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- timely and accurate preparation of the Acquittal/Funding/Other Reports as required by government and funding bodies
- to work with Wesley Missions Auditors (external and internal) to facilitate their role in certifying Wesley Missions Financial Statements
- review balance sheet reconciliation to ensure that allocation and correction of transactions are completed in timely manner
- ensure adherence to Wesley Missions standards, policy and internal control procedures, and to ensure adherence to all tax, legal and accounting standard requirements
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following:
- member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
- tertiary qualification with a major in Accounting
- strong financial accounting background with minimum 5 years experience in a senior financial accountant role
- proven senior accounting experience within a complex service-based organisation
- experience with government acquittal accounting and reporting
- strong reconciliation skills and attention to detail
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Attractive package on offer commensurate with skills and experience with additional salary-packaging benefits.
Friday 20 March 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.