Full-time Operations Manager Recycling and Logistics
Launceston City Mission is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Operations Manager to lead our Recycling and Logistics division, including our waste management operations in the North and North-West of Tasmania. The role is based at our Youngtown site.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, strategic insight and the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar management position.
- Extensive experience in transport, logistics and waste management.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and manage a team to effectively achieve tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage a diverse team, including paid and unpaid workers.
- Ability to manage staff and operations over multiple locations.
- Strong relationship building, communication and analytical skills.
- Skills in management reporting and budgeting.
- Demonstrated innovative strategic thinking and planning.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to oversee and implement the legislation pertaining to transport and logistics and Work Health and Safety requirements.
- National police check is required for all roles at LCM.
- Experience or demonstrated capacity to work in an organisation adopting a Christian ethos.
- Experience in strategic planning including implementing tasks and achieving outcomes.
Primarily the Operations Manager Recycling and Logistics will be responsible for management of Recycling and Logistics over multiple sites, development of new opportunities, providing leadership to workers (paid and volunteer), facilitation of logistics for all aspects of Mission services, maintenance of property and equipment and management of donated goods.
The position is required to manage and expand the Recycling, Logistics and Waste Management Network of Launceston City Mission throughout North and North-West Tasmania, including recycling related retail operations.
The position requires the employee to develop positive working relationships both internally and with external stakeholders, such as local and state government, contractors, businesses and community organisations.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop good working relationships with management and peers both paid and volunteer.
This is a full-time position (38 hours per week) and salary will be negotiated based on experience and capability. Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits apply.
If you have a passion to work as part of a friendly team in a caring, compassionate environment, knowing that our success will be directed towards community services, individuals at risk of homelessness and those struggling with dependency related problems, we encourage you to apply.
Applications close at 9am on Monday, March 23, 2020.