UQJobs No.: 509830
Human Resources at The University of Queensland (UQ) is responsible for enabling achievement of the University’s strategic ambitions through attracting and developing high performing staff, and delivers high quality advice and support to our clients on all aspects of HR and people matters.
HR is currently undergoing significant transformation to become one of the leading HR functions in Australia, and is building a team of exceptional HR professionals to provide customer focused and contemporary solutions and services to our clients.
About This Opportunity
We are seeking an all-star payroll expert to create change within UQ's high-functioning payroll team as we implement a new Human Capital Management System (HCMS). This is a once in a career opportunity to reshape our service offering, and influence and drive the way we undertake all things payroll at UQ.
Our next Payroll Supervisor and Specialist (locally known as the Payroll Coordinator) will;
- manage the day-to-day execution and delivery of all payroll operational activities;
- lead and mentor a highly skilled team of Payroll Officers;
- provide expert guidance and coaching to solve a host of complex payroll issues;
- focus on continuous process improvement;
- ensure accurate and efficient data entry across the board,
- foster a culture of exemplary customer-centric service.
This position is also responsible for specialist payroll functions, such as the validation, reconciliation and submission of the fortnightly pay cycle, Single Touch Payroll, and ensuring audit and risk compliance of the University's current HRIS (Aurion).
This position is based at our St Lucia campus but currently works from our Toowong office, located 2km from the St Lucia campus.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will be at the top of your game in the payroll space, with extensive experience managing end-to-end payroll functions in complex environments, coupled with experience leading and mentoring teams. Our ideal candidate will have;
- working knowledge of a diverse range of awards and enterprise agreements, superannuation funds, PAYG, Single Touch Payroll, salary packaging processes and all remuneration aspects of a full payroll function;
- solid understanding of employment tax obligations, including Payroll Tax;
- the ability to follow and develop Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Checklists to ensure that processes applied are consistent, predictable and productive
- customer-centric focus in all facets of work;
- behaviours and work ethic in line with UQ's values;
- proven examples of identifying issues, analysing processes and implementing changes;
- exemplary skills in engaging with a diverse range of individuals from different disciplines and understandings of payroll;
- a degree, or equivalent level of experience, and education and/or training.
It's vital that you're genuinely excited about our shift towards a new HCMS, and will be ready to actively participate in shaping the payroll function and collaborating with fellow colleagues to shape our future direction.
You must have ongoing, unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity.
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time, continuing position at HEW level 6.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $79,200 - $85,067 per annum, plus employer super contributions of 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $92,664 - $99,528 per annum.
Want to Apply
To submit an application for this role, use the APPLY NOW button below. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria within the Position Description (PD)
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQJobs portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Candidates may be interviewed prior to the job closing date. We encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible. The University of Queensland reserves the right to close this application process early.
Application Closing Date
26 March 2020 at 11pm (AEST)