About the Role
Were looking for a dedicated, passionate Digital Specialist.
This is a role that requires an understanding of the world today. Our primary function is helping to build a more peaceful world through the effective communication of the Institutes peace and conflict data and research. Though a small team, we enjoy a global reach of over 16 billion media impressions, and a social channel reach of
We are looking to hire a motivated self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative. You are an excellent communicator, who understands how to effectively communicate with and market to various global demographics. You enjoy working independently, as well as contributing collaboratively. Youre a team player who is driven, creative, passionate about the use of digital media to impact the world.
About the Institute for Economics & Peace
The Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP) is an exciting non-profit research organisation that focuses on the communication of research on global peace. It is headquartered in Sydney, Australia and has global offices in New York, Brussels, The Hague, Mexico City and Harare. The Institute is independently funded, a non-partisan organisation and is not politically aligned.
Rated as one of the worlds most impactful think tanks by size, its work is used and referenced by many of the leading organisations in the world including the UN, the OECD and the World Bank. It also has a global consulting practice, performing work for many of the leading multilateral organisations and government departments.
IEPs main products - the Global Peace Index and Global Terrorism Index - receive billions of media and digital impressions per annum and are considered the leading products in the world in their field. The Institutes core products are used in thousands of universities courses and with partnerships conducts training courses in countries such as Zimbabwe, Tunisia, Mexico and Uganda. The Institutes research is regularly featured in leading international media publications including the Guardian, the Economist, Huffington Post, Washington Post, CNN, and BBC.
Other partner organisations include the Economist Intelligence Unit, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Rotary International, the International Chamber of Commerce, Club de Madrid, the World Tourism and Travel Council (WTTC) and the Commonwealth Secretariat.
We are seeking a talented Digital Specialist to join our small but experienced Communications team. Ideally this person is proactive, has impeccable attention to detail and able to thrive in a busy, ever-changing environment.
You will be responsible for including, but not limited to:
- Management of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube channels
- Content creation & copy writing
- Develop and implement social media brand strategies, campaigns, and plans to build brand/company awareness
- Website management
- Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Incorporate optimisation strategies, analyse data, and research ways to increase traffic to our websites
- Review success of campaigns and develop ways to improve them
- Research new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities
- Managing all communications in an efficient and timely manner
Duties & Responsibilities
The role works in collaboration with the Communications team and reporting to the Director of Global Communications. You are responsible for growing, managing and measuring our various social channels; writing, editing and publishing daily content, and leading new initiatives to drive engagement. On any given day you will be:
- Optimising current social channels as required
- Providing ongoing strategic recommendations for social channels including: role of channels, vision, tone of voice and execution plans, analysing key metrics and adjusting the strategy as needed
- Looking for new and innovative ways to grow the audience
- Building and implementing global digital marketing campaigns
- Analysing and reporting on social channels and content
The Selection Criteria:
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role
- A self-starter and team player, adaptable to change
- Marketing or communications qualification, or equivalent work experience
- Strong digital marketing experience, specifically social campaign, content and platform management
- Proven social channel experience with scheduling and advertising
- Strategic thinker with experience leveraging social media to build brand
- Ability to comprehend and summarise complex research materials.
- A background in peace, conflict and development or related disciplines preferred
- Excellent organisational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Will be able to work with minimal supervision but also to work with a clear mandate and approval processes
Skills & Technical Experience:
- Social media scheduling tools
- Analytics - social, web and media
- WordPress and Squarespace CMS
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Suite incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Design, copywriting, video and audio production skills preferred
Information & to Apply
Location: This position is based at IEP headquarters in Sydney, Australia.
Only candidates with full working rights for Australia and who are located in Australia will be considered for the role.
Hours: 9:00am 5:30pm, Monday Friday.
This is a role with an international focus and may, from time to time, require evening or early morning conference calls.
Remuneration: The Digital Specialist remuneration package will be commensurate with experience.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 18th March 2020