Join Cardno International Development in Canberra for an exciting opportunity to be part of the Australian Government funded Health Security Initiative (HSI) for the Indo-Pacific.
Kesatuan: Support and Implementation for Health Security in Indonesia and the Indo-Pacific (Kesatuan) is an Australian Government funded initiative comprising two components: the Australia Indonesia Health Security Program (AIHSP) and the Health Security Initiative for the Indo-Pacific (HSI).
The overarching goal of HSI is to contribute to the avoidance and containment of infectious disease threats in the Indo-Pacific with the potential to cause social and economic harms on a national, regional or global scale. This goal will be supported by strengthening capacity at regional and country levels and working across multiple countries with a range of different partners.
About the Role
The role reports to the Program and Operations Manager and will liaise with the Cardno Corporate team, advisers, consultants and stakeholders to ensure all activities comply with relevant policies, procedures, workplans and budgets.
The Administration Officer is responsible for providing support to the Program and Operations Manager and will be involved in delivering the administrative, financial and logistical activities for the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day project expenditure including petty cash (if applicable) and payment of invoices. Data entry of source documents in MYOB and reconciliation of MYOB account on a monthly basis. Preparation and submission of monthly project fund requests.
- Coordinate logistics and stakeholder participation for any workshop, training and meeting events along with travel arrangements for participants, venue selection and preparation, participant liaison, and preparation of resource materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements program staff, consultants and participants.
- Monitor and liaise with vendors/service providers to ensure all payments, invoices, program cash flow and budgeting information is accurate and current.
- Initiate procurement of goods and services with vendors, following all compliant and relevant procurement processes and other program and Cardno procedures.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up to date electronic and manual filing systems.
- Establish, purchase and maintain an inventory of essential office consumables such as office supplies and stationary.
- Manage and maintain the programs asset register if required.
- Respond to requests for information from program staff and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties related to administration and finances as directed by the Program and Operations Manager.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in this role, click the Apply button below to submit your application online by Friday 27 March 2020 at 5.00pm (AEST). Your application must include the following:
- A maximum two-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Up to date CV.
- Details of three profession referees.
Please note that any incomplete applications will not be considered.
The successful applicant for this position will be required to have a valid visa that provides work rights in Australia.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
We thank all applicants applying to this role. Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.