Full time ongoing position, Enthusiastic and enjoyable team environment, $78,520 plus super.
- Full time ongoing position
- Enthusiastic and enjoyable team environment
- $78,520 plus super
Reporting to the Coordinator Waste Operations, you will be responsible for collection of household waste, hard waste, recycle, green waste materials and to dispose of these materials.
- Operate Council plant and equipment and provide physical labour in the collection of household waste, hard waste, recycle and green waste materials
- Timely collection of all waste and recycle materials within the allocated rounds and retrieval of all spillages.
- Assist waste staff in loading and unloading goods and waste materials into the collection vehicles
- Place stickers or cards on bins or in letter boxes where collection material does not meet Council requirements and advise the Coordinator.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience driving a heavy rigid vehicle (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in the use of a range of mechanical plant (essential).
- Oral communication skills to enable effective interaction with residents, supervisors and other employees (essential).
- Knowledge of safe lifting and manual handling practices (essential).
- Waste industry work experience (essential).
Qualifications & Employment Requirements
- Australian drivers license to drive a heavy rigid vehicle (essential).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment Medical Checks (essential).
How to Apply
Please submit your application online via the Apply button by 11:59pm Sunday 29 March 2020. All applications must be made via the online portal; no applications direct to the hiring manager will be considered.
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers. To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds. If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Council is a child safe organisation and as such, some applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Additionally, some applicants may also be required to undergo a National Criminal History check and/or medical check as per the requirements of the role.
Who are we
The City of Boroondara is a metropolitan council, representing more than 170,000 people in the inner-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. A leader in the local government sector, with a reputation for innovation and excellence, we believe in providing an environment where our staff thrive, both in the work they do and in how they learn and develop as people and professionals. We are currently undertaking an exciting project that will see a transformation in the way we work and the way we serve our customers.
Implementation of the Boroondara Customer First Program will provide a customer centric model of service delivery that includes technological innovation, process improvement and business system renewal - its a great time to join Boroondara!