High performing farm and great work-team - proven farm track record., Growing family company with multiple sites., Competitive salary with house included..
About the business and the role
Top Multiplier operates a large modern pig farm, near Eudunda, SA. This farm is owned by a Australian family with several sites in South Australia and over 50 years of history in the pig industry. The business supplies pork to a range of customers across Australia and is an industry leader. We value our people and have a strong committment to reward and progress our people within our growing business network. Ongoing performance improvement is a business focus.
We require an enthusiastic person with experience in all areas of pig farm production. Previous experience in breeding, farrowing and growers will be essential. We need someone with clear communication skills a patient attitude and being prepared to work with people with a diverse range of skill-sets.
Your priority will be to achieve and improve on current farm production targets. You will need to motivate and train team-members and create a cohesive team environment. You will report directly to the Group Pork Operations Manager and need to provide monthly updates on production and farm operations. It would be a great advantage to have skills in trouble-shooting with feed systems and pig farm equipment. Some mechanical knowledge is very helpful and being able to plan ahead and prioritize will be essential.
Must have a current drivers license, be able to work unsupervised and as part of a team with other staff. This is a hands on role requiring strong practical skills. Successful applicants will need to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol testing as part of our committment to maintaining a safe workplace.
An attractive salary package will be tailored to reflect an individual's experience. Career growth pathways and leadership opportunities are made available within our group of companies when they arise.
Please send your current resume and a list of current referees via email to: [email protected]
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Plan daily work schedules and roster labour accordingly to achieve goals.
- Maintain production targets in each section.
- Monitor ongoing performance to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded.
- Ensure Animal Welfare, Quality Systems and farm bio-security are maintained at all times.
- Provide regular reporting and communication to management and effectively supervise and lead your team.
- Plan rosters and schedule labour for weekends and Public holiday requirements to ensure labour efficiencies and fair rostering for all staff.
- Train and mentor staff to grow and develop within the farm operations.
- Liase with farm advisors including Veterinarian, Nutritionist and Genetic companies and implement programmes as required.
- Plan and schedule farm maintenance or repair as required to buildings, machinery and equipment. This will be with the assistance of the farm maintenance supervisor and operations manager.
- Be prepared to diagnose and repair faults if identified and modify work schedules to as required.
- Adhere to safe work practices
- Co-ordinate with Operations Manager ordering supplies, work plans etc
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will need previous experience in pig production in all areas of pig husbandry. It will be essential to have previous experience in breeding, farrowing and weaner-grower sections. Understanding pig reproduction, health and welfare is crucial. You should have a minimum of 5 years experience and experience supervising other staff and working within a medium sized team. Some computer skills will be necessary and the ability to respond to emails, phone calls and other company communications.
You will need clear communication and effective time management skills. You will need to work flexible hours at times to ensure targets and animal welfare are maintained. You will need to be physically fit and able to cope with the demands of a hands-on production management role working with large animals and manual handling tasks including lifting.
There will be opportunity for further training and development as part of this role.
Job benefits and perks
You will manage the farm production and operate independently for most of the week.
A generous salary package will be tailored for the best candidate with an annual performance review.
We have an on site managers residence and will provide a work-vehicle.