- Salary Package: From $85,148 to $93,989 (Level 6), plus 17% employer superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Types: Full-time, continuing
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor is currently seeking an experienced and polished Governance and Administration Officer to join the team.
Reporting to the Director and Chief of Staff, you will:
- Provide calendar and administrative support to the Chancellor.
- Provide calendar and administrative support to the Director and Chief of Staff, including drafting and layout of complex and confidential reports and briefing papers.
- Provide back-up support to the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Assistant as required, particularly in relation to the management of the Vice-Chancellor’s diary, travel and meeting preparation.
- Provide secretariat support or secretarial duties as required for committees, working groups and other ad-hoc projects.
- Gather and consolidate data and information on a range of programs, projects and issues to inform OVC decision-making.
- Provide general administrative support to the OVC.
You will be professional, highly organised and always deliver high-quality work. With strong administrative skills, you will be experienced in diary management and preparing papers and correspondence.
You enjoy working in a fast-faced and professional environment and pride yourself on providing a high level of service to stakeholders at all times. You are always willing to step in to cover your colleagues, as needed, and are comfortable working with complexity.
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor is responsible for providing the Vice-Chancellor with information, data and support to develop strategy, inform critical University decisions and manage significant internal and external stakeholder relationships with the sector, government, and industry both nationally and internationally.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Extensive experience in diary and travel management.
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced and professional administrative environment.
- Preparation of professional and high-quality papers and correspondence.
- Providing exceptional service to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in working autonomously and as part of a team.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Position Description: Governance Administration Officer (Please note the official job title of this position is Governance and Administration Officer)
Applications Close: Thursday, 26 March 2020 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
[link removed]At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.