The Town of Mosman Park is a vibrant, flexible and supportive workplace. We are a small Local Government that has a positive team environment focussed on enhancing the lives of all who live, work, study, run businesses or own properties in our Town as well as those who visit here. The Town provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport
Mosman Park is located along Stirling Highway approximately 14 kilometres from Perth and 3 kilometres from Fremantle. It is bordered by the suburbs of Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove and North Fremantle and is unique in having the Indian Ocean on its western boundary and the beautiful shores of the Swan River as its eastern boundary.
An excellent opportunity currently exists for a highly motivated individual with a passion for delivering first class customer service and support to stakeholders both internal and external. This role is primarily allocated to the customer service portfolio, but provides support to all departments across the organisation on a rotational basis. This arrangement creates an exciting opportunity to gain a diverse experience in local government. If you possess the ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines combined with well-developed facilitation and negotiation skills this is the role for you!
The successful applicant will possess;
- Demonstrated experience in a front-line customer service role at least 1 year.
- Demonstrated receipting, cash balancing, reception, telephone record keeping and cash handling skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and upkeep of procedures and managing records.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to problem solve and negotiate with customers and gain a resolution.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office skills and experience in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Salary Range: $45,549 - $53,060 per annum (dependant on skills and experience)
Applicants are expected to address the selection criteria within their application and must answer (in 200 words or less) the following question:
Why do you want to work for us and what is you major strength that you believe you could bring to this position
Close Date: 5pm Thursday 19 March 2020
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.