An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time/part-time Senior Receptionist/Customer Care member to join our busy veterinary practice(s).
We are seeking a kind and confident individual to commit to this role within a fun, progressive and inclusive team.
It is essential that you possess a love of animals and a passion for people as the pets we care for are regarded as family members to our wonderful clients.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Previous experience in an administrative, reception or customer care position is essential (all industry's considered).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing outstanding customer service.
- Warmly and efficiently greeting clients and their pets.
- Communicating with clients via various means including by phone and email.
- Schedule management: making bookings and organising/understanding a multi-practitioner, two-hospital schedule.
- Being the organisational link between our clients, veterinarians and nurses.
- Administrative tasks such as banking, mail runs, billing/invoicing, debt collection, resolution and maintenance of internal system.
- Inventory management and ordering of supplies.
- Scheduling team training/learning session.
- Working between two, busy and diverse receptions.
- Attending to a multi-line phone system.
- Providing efficient and accurate transactions.
- Maintenance of reception areas and consulting rooms: ensuring cleanliness and providing high levels of infection control.
Successful applicants will show:
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work efficiently as an individual, and as part of a team.
- The ability to prioritise.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The strong ability to multi-task under sometimes-stressful conditions.
- Be reliable, friendly and approachable with clients and other staff members.
- Experience in practice management software: EzyVet and accounting software 'Xero' would be advantageous
- A prior knowledge of basic patient care, services and standards is preferred but not essential.
- A long-term commitment to our business.
- The ability to identify potential problems and suggest/implement solutions.
Hours of Work and Remuneration:
A 38 hour/week roster will be set. Alternating shift patterns between morning (7.30am - 4.30pm) and evening (10am - 8pm) will be shared. Weekends (every second Saturday) will be scheduled.
Please be advised that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note: This position is not a pathway to veterinary nursing.
Administration & Office Support