Mine Superintendent | Underground Mine | Residential Nyngan, NSW
5/2 - 4/3 Residential Roster
Aeris Resources Limited is a mining and exploration company with two underground copper mines, both within the Tritton Mines operation located near Nyngan in central NSW.
We are a deep, high tonnage stoping and trucking operation, currently the largest of its type in NSW.
We are a highly productive operation with unit costs that are the envy of many other companies.
We have a flat and open organisational structure
We have a willingness to try new things, think outside the box and allow you to explore new ideas.
Reporting to the Mine Manager, the Mine Production Superintendent will lead the mining operations team at Tritton Mine. You will be responsible for:
- Investigation of all accidents, incidents, hazard identification and similar events to determine causes and corrective action needed to prevent reoccurrence and complete the necessary reporting;
- Oversee and own the short to medium term schedules
- Managing the production on site by optimising plans, methods, equipment, schedules and expenditure;
- Oversee allocation of tasks to the crew;
- Ensure ongoing effective people management of the crew by setting clear performance objectives, / providing regular feedback and development for employees through training and skills development;
- Review monthly costs and budgets and initiate cost management measures where appropriate
- Liaise with the peer Superintendents to ensure resources and equipment is available to complete assigned tasks;
- Lead where appropriate the management of change process;
- identify and manage risk as required.
Demonstrated extensive operational experience in a similar role in underground metalliferous mining.
Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large mining crews.
Demonstrated extensive experience in an underground environment in a similar role;
High level of initiative and ability to work well under pressure;
Knowledge of safety management and systematic approach;
Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
Proven ability to provide leadership, performance feedback and management and team development;
Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;