Ambulance Victoria's (AV) mission is to improve the health of our community by delivering innovative, high quality ambulance services. If you are an experienced, assertive and self-motivated Executive Assistant, a part-time, ongoing position is available at 20 hours per week. The role is based at AV's Blackburn North headquarters. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of AV's commitment to deliver Best Care for every patient every time.
This position is primarily responsible for providing high level comprehensive administrative support to the Medical Director including a range of high-level business related activities on behalf of the Medical Directorate Division.
About the role
Reporting to the Medical Director, the key accountabilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Advise the Medical Director of key issues, initiatives and actions ensuring the Medical Director is appropriately briefed and prepared for daily commitments and prior to any key events and meetings
- Providing a full range of administrative and support services; including preparation of documents and correspondence, reports, briefing notes, business cases, Board reports, memorandums, ministerial and union responses
- Undertaking research and analysis to source and collate information to facilitate the preparation of reports;
- Develop appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work to support the Medical Director role and responsibilities
- Contribute to continuous improvement of business processes and systems to ensure effective operation and delivery outcomes
- Facilitate and coordinate staff inductions within the division
- Assist in the area of quality improvement by way of publishing Bulletins, Clinical Newsletters, updated forms and procedures to AV intranet including maintenance of the Medical Directorate Division content pages
- Assist the Medical Director with management of procurement, invoice, purchase orders, financial reports, commentary and forecasts, preparation of divisional budgets for Medical Directorate Division.
It is expected you are self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you will have extensive administration experience at senior executive management level. You will have sound knowledge and experience from working in a regulatory environment along with an understanding of and experience in Government and public sector environments. Exceptional communication skills and a well-developed ability to analyse and problem solve is imperative to success in this role. Experience in medical terminology would be highly beneficial.
The successful candidate must have a current Victorian Driver's License and be willing to travel throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria when required.
Your skills and attributes will include but are not limited to:
- Excellent judgement skills, and a confident, assertive and a diplomatic manner;
- A high degree of initiative to ensure issues and ideas are identified and addressed appropriately, plus follow up on potential opportunities and risks
- Demonstrated experience researching and analysing information, and providing reliable professional advice to senior level executives
- Strong attention to detail using appropriate checking processes to ensure information is recorded accurately
- Advanced experience in using computerised financial information systems (Oracle), word processing and spread sheeting applications including intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency of Microsoft Office suite applications including Outlook, Access, Word, Excel and the Internet along with proficient typing skills
The salary for this position is AV3 $75,727.00 pa (pro-rata) + 9.5% super.
What's in it for you
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance, as well as offering salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements and accrued days off for full time staff. We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our peoples' skills and abilities.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to read the document attached titled ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' prior to submitting an application.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should therefore be of a high quality and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing the Selection Criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
by 5pm, Friday 27th March 2020
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo security and probity checks such as a National Police Check and background checks. Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.