VMIA is the Victorian Governments insurer and risk adviser, covering the people, places and projects that help Victorians thrive. From iconic cultural institutions, major infrastructure, public schools and hospitals, to emergency services and not for profits, our clients are diverse but united in their ambition to make a positive impact in our community. We share this ambition.
The Risk Services function has just gone through an exciting time of change where it has realigned the way its people work to have a strong focus on our clients, who are the centre of what we do. As a result we have multiple new Risk Adviser positions in our Insurable Risk Advisory, Enterprise Risk Advisory and Statewide Risk Advisory teams.
As one of our valued Risk Advisers, you will play a vital role in the delivery of an integrated range of insurance, risk, harm prevention, recovery programs and services to our Victorian Public Sector clients. You will also work closely with our wider Risk Advisory functions to ensure the best possible client experience
You will become part of the Risk Services Division and a talented team of people who are passionate about doing work that contributes towards a more confident and resilient Victoria. Your key focus will be embedded in developing trusted partnerships with VMIAs clients and deliver products and services in accordance with agreed service plans.
These roles will report to either the Manager Insurable Risk Advisory, Head of Enterprise Risk Advisory or Head of Statewide Risk Advisory
Please note that the roles available are as follows:
- 2 x Risk Adviser Insurable Risk (12 months, Fixed Term)
- 2 x Risk Adviser Enterprise Risk (2 x Full Time, Ongoing)
- 1 x Risk Adviser Statewide Risk (12 months, Fixed Term)
Heres what were looking for:
- You hold a tertiary qualification in public sector management, business, commerce, risk management, health, education or a related discipline. Experience in public sector leadership, business consulting or policy development will be considered
- You have a track record of managing client or stakeholder relationships, including the working and delivering against agreed service delivery programs and outcomes
- You will need to be able to self-manage and organise and ensure there is governance on your program of work. You will be expected to embrace new ways of working, be agile and collaborate internally and externally including co-design with clients
- You have highly developed communication and interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, with proven relationship experience
- You have proven risk management and/or insurance knowledge which will enable you to understand our clients needs and through connected partnerships, provide expert advice and recommend effective solutions
- You have successfully collaborated with professional people across multiple organisational levels and in environments undergoing constant change to achieve objectives
- You have an appreciation of the complexities and nuances of public sector management, having operated successfully in such an environment before
- You may also have experience as or working with senior management, Board member(s) or in the provision of business management consultant services (desirable)
- You also hold a professional membership with a risk management, insurance or relevant peak body organisation (desirable).
We encourage people from all genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
If youd like to help make Victoria an even better place to live, wed love to hear from you.
- attach your resume
- attach a cover letter (no more than one page) including which risk advisory team you are applying for (Insurable Risk Advisory, Enterprise Risk Advisory and Statewide Risk Advisory).
At VMIA, our flexible workplace lets you be yourself. We encourage our people to put forward fresh ideas and explore their potential and we invest in ongoing learning and development. Plus, our health insurance, fitness membership and Myki travel perks are a nice little bonus too.
Applications close on Sunday, 29 March 2020.