Be an integral part of our effective operation, Full time permanent role at central Gold Coast location, Sector leading not for profit.
Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need.
We are looking for a committed and capable individual with a strong work ethic to join our Finance team as Finance Manager QLD. The role is split 35% financial accounting and 65% management accounting and has 1 direct report. The role has specific responsibility for CHL's activities including all internal and external reporting within specified time frames: financial analysis, monthly management reporting, and, other ad-hoc tasks within the broader Finance team. The position reports directly to the Financial Controller who is located in Box Hill, Victoria. This role will also have close working relationships with the National Managers and State Managers across Australia.
You will be required to complete the following tasks in an accurate and timely manner:
- Preparation of budgets
- Presentation of monthly accounts to senior finance team
- Acquittal reporting to external parties
- Statutory reporting
What will success look like
You will be a Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant with a minimum 5 years' experience in an operational accounting role in financial and management accounting. You will be well practiced in developing budgets, month end journals, variance analysis and have an Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. You will also have:
- The ability to manage competing priorities in short time frames
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with others
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to work independently and manage remote working relationships
- Strong and effective decision-making skills, demonstrated strategic thinking and supportive of continuous improvement culture
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications close: Sunday 29 March 2020
Please note: applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.