- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Fixed Term Contract with potential to convert to permanency
- North Sydney or Parramatta locations
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
Due to recent project wins in NSW, we are currently seeking an experienced Document Controller to join our team based in our North Sydney or Parramatta offices. The role will be a one year fixed term contract, with potential to convert to permanency.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Operate/interface in the project documentation systems
- Assist the Team Leader and Delivery & Controls Manager to implement and review the effectiveness of the Document Management Plan.
- Process incoming and outgoing project correspondence (except email)
- Transmit approved reports, drawings and other documents to the project team and external stakeholders / third parties.
- Set up and maintain hard copy files. Set up and maintain hard copy document library.
- Deal with obsolete documents and withdraw them from use.
- Maintain up to date quality documents, including the Master Document Index and Document Codification Schedule, in the system as directed by the Delivery & Controls Manager.
- Provide document accession numbers for new documents as requested by Team Members.
- Maintain EDMS information accurate and up to date.
- Maintain the EDMS authorisation list.
- Maintain up to date document templates
- Prepare and maintain up to date a Schedule of Records.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant document control experience ideally gained within an engineering consultancy.
- Strong administration and organisational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build and develop relationships.
- Computer savvy with strong experience working with programs such as TeamBinder.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders [link removed].
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
How to Apply
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.