- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Fixed Term Contract with potential to convert to permanency
- North Sydney or Parramatta locations
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
Due to recent project wins in NSW, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Controller to join our team based in our North Sydney or Parramatta offices. The role will be a one year fixed term contract, with potential to convert to permanency.
The successful incumbent of this role will be using Primavera P6 to support the ongoing activities of our major projects to meet client requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that planning, reporting, project/cost controlling, scheduling and resource planning undertaken meets appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC;
- Proactively undertaking contract and financial administrative activities in collaboration with appropriate team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and co-ordination of project/program deliverables;
- Driving reporting responsibilities and contributing to the commercial success of each individual project and the numerous resource teams within the overall program structures;
- Be available to work on a range of SMEC projects/programs to apply Project Control and Scheduling in other States/Offices.
The ideal applicant will have had 5+ years' experience in a Project Controls role and will be proficient in using a variety of computer programs including expertise in Primavera P6, MS Project, Excel and Visio software.
We are interested in applicants that can display good problem solving / analytical skills and independently use basic theoretical knowledge of Planning principles to analyse, interpret and conclude on standard matters or decisions.
Additional skill requirements include but aren't limited to:
- Ability to competently provide key technical expertise across a broad range of projects
- Ability to prepare technical reports on small to medium projects
- Good stakeholder engagement skills including strong written and verbal communication
- Project Management skills
- Ability to manage risk on substantial projects and deliver best client outcomes which have provided cost savings
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
How to Apply
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.