Highly positive and inclusive culture, Work with and be mentored by industry leaders, Be part of a dynamic team working on a diverse range of projects.
EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading planning and environment consultancy. We work across Australia from our offices in Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals, leaders in their fields. We have a talented team of scientists and engineers across a range of disciplines. Our combined skillset and national focus enable us to achieve client objectives in ways that contribute towards sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to create opportunities for you, the business and our clients. We will help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning, development and industry memberships. Successful applicants will join a national company committed to innovation and smart solutions for our clients.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to our clients we have an opportunity for a Hydrologist or Water Resources Engineer to join our expanding team in Perth. In this role you will work alongside a passionate team of industry leading water and environmental professionals.
EMM offer the full range of planning and environment services to help clients with business ventures, from complex, multidisciplinary projects to straightforward opinion and advice. Our Perth office focusses on water management within the mining sector, working across commodities. We investigate water resources and assess the potential impacts from proposed and operational projects.
The successful applicant will assist with hydrological assessments and support a range of mine water management related studies and providing key input to the development of surface water impact assessments in support of overarching environmental assessments. The role will include undertaking the technical components of hydrological and surface water investigations such as rainfall, flow and flood analyses, including flood modelling, flood mapping and risk assessments, water balance studies, integrated water resources management (IWRM) and surface water/stormwater management.
The role will be based in Perth however, there will be opportunity to work on interstate and federal projects of national significance. At EMM we have a culture of collaboration, we work across offices and regions. This position is primarily an office-based role however there will be opportunities for site visits across the country and field based (hands on) work.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team ensuring successful project delivery. The right attitude is essential for this role. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibits an ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key selection criteria and skills are:
- ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM's culture, values and vision;
- tertiary degree qualification in Hydrology, Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering, Earth Sciences or related disciplines with a water focus;
- a minimum of three years experience hydrology/water engineering or a closely related field as either a consultant or in an industry capacity for mining / infrastructure projects;
- demonstrated ability to analyse data and translate information into solutions;
- experience of hydrological, hydraulic and water balance modelling;
- a strong scientific background and understanding of scientific and engineering principles;
- a valid Drivers Licence and excellent driving history (4WD experience is an advantage);
- experience within the Western Australian mining sector;
- an appreciation of relevant WA legislation;
- strong technical writing and communication skills - ability to write and present technical reports;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and work collaboratively in a team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored; and
- strong computing skills.
In return, EMM offers the opportunity to guide and develop you with a rewarding career, support you with ongoing learning and development that will further enhance your talents and grow your abilities. EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in a flexible work environment that values its personnel with a positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter, CV and a copy of your qualifications/transcripts. Applications close 12 April 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.