Brisbane CBD location !, Free train travel on duty days !, Exiting opportunity to grow skills in the Rail environment !.
Queensland Rail is seeking an experienced, creative and highly-motivated communications expert to join its Internal and Strategic Communications team as a Senior Communications Adviser on a 12-month contract.
The role is responsible for implementing and coordinating Queensland Rail's strategic communication advice and support. The focus for the role is to develop and implement effective communications and engagement plans to reach Queensland Rail employees.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key internal business partners and stakeholders to support functions to deliver effective communication.
- Develop and implement communication plans, actions, tools and processes and activities to contribute to the business objectives of functions.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients through timely and valued advice to ensure a strong brand is established and employee and stakeholder engagement is maintained in an environment of organizational change.
- Assist in the implementation of Queensland Rail's strategic communication program.
- Support strategies that establish objectives and measures linked back to organizational KPIs.
- Target communication tactics to specific audience preferences and use communication methods that are cost-efficient and innovative to bridge the geographical divide.
- Assist leaders at all levels in communication competence through supporting in the design and provision of training and coaching, tools and education.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a tertiary qualification in communication, business, or a marketing-related discipline, with strong experience in corporate communications gained within a high-profile organization. In addition, you will have:
1.High level of skill in the development and implementation of effective communication plans.
2.High level of skill in influencing and communicating to build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships.
3.High level of interpersonal and written communication skills, including consultation and presentation skills to effectively liaise with stakeholders.
4.High level of skill in working autonomously and as a member of a team in a high-pressure work environment.
5.Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's values and behaviors.
Starting salary $103,995 + super + rail pass (home & duty travel)
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Friday 27th March 2020.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. Please note all shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a video screen as part of the recruitment process for this role.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.