Exciting and dynamic consultancy, Opportunity to work internationally alongside UK sister company.
We are a new bid and technical writing consultancy in Australia, created by the Directors of our exceptionally successful sister business in the UK, where we have helped clients win over $19 billion of new revenue over the last 5 years.
Localism is a key feature of our business plan for Australia, including:
- Creating job opportunities for Australians and recruiting staff locally
- Keeping 100% of our revenue in Australia, paying local taxes and using our profits to invest back into Australia by way of growth and new employment.
We will start trading from May 2020 and are currently recruiting a new and dynamic team to join us in this exciting venture and become part of a global consultancy that goes from strength to strength.
This role will suit an existing bid writer looking for a change or someone who has exceptional writing skills and fancies a career in this dynamic and interesting sector. Not only do you need to really enjoy writing (and we mean really enjoy!) but you also need to love working as part of a team, solving problems, and taking responsibility.
Bid writers prepare tenders for contracts, answering questions as to why their company should win the competition to deliver the service.
Duties will include:
- Working with clients subject matter experts to gather information required to prepare a compelling bid or proposal
- Conducting research and reviewing material to extract relevant information
- Drafting responses to questions based on clients information and a set evaluation criterion
- Creating formatted documents in MS Word and Excel
- Proof reading documents
- Keeping accurate records.
While this is a Sydney-based role, there may, in time, be opportunities to work alongside UK colleagues.
The successful candidate will receive full training and mentoring in Sydney by our UK principal consultant. Thereafter:
- A Senior Bid Consultant will provide advice, guidance, coaching and mentoring
- The company will organise regular webinars and other training events
- A Senior Consultant from our UK business will visit 2 3 times per year, during which additional training will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Has excellent writing skills with an ability to adapt styles according to the nature of the audience with attention to detail
- Has well-developed internal-personal skills with an ability to connect with people at all levels
- Is well organised, has an ability to work to tight deadlines and can exercise judgement
- Works well as part of a team
- Assimilates large and complex information quickly and works through issues to find solutions to problems
- Has good MS Word and MS Excel skills.
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week (including meal breaks) and will be based in Sydneys CBD a few minutes walk from Wynyard station.
To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter and CV setting out:
- An overview of your career history, where you have one, for at least the last 3 years including the positions held, employment dates, and main responsibilities
- If you are a recent university graduate, a very short description of your course, your achievements, and details of the writing requirements
- Your relevant experience for the role you are now applying for
- Your motivation for this role
- Key achievements relevant to this role
- How you meet the competencies required.
Please ensure you tailor both documents to this particular role and include on your CV details of a referee who knows you in a professional capacity. We will only take up references for the successful candidate and notify you before doing so.
Please make clear in your letter whether you have the right to live and work in Australia. Please note that we will only be allowed to employ candidates who have the right to legally live and work in Australia.
We are also happy to do a call over Skype, FaceTime, MS Teams, etc.