Exciting and dynamic role within Australias growing space industry, 3 year contract with option for extension, Convenient CBD location within Adelaide's newest innovation precinct.
ABOUT SMARTSAT CRC
The SmartSat CRC is a consortium of universities and other research organisations, partnered with industry, that has been funded by the Australian Government under the CRC Program to develop know-how and technologies in advanced telecommunications & IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and next generation earth observation sensors & analytics.
POSITION BROAD PURPOSE
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Project Officer: Communications will support the day-to-day tasks involved in promoting SmartSat and assisting in the production aspects of SmartSats general communications and outreach activities. Activities will involve the support of SmartSat through the collation and management of corporate publications, including the SmartSat website, seminars, industry workshops and events, newsletters, technical reports, and email campaigns. In addition, part of the Officers time will be devoted to assisting the SmartSat Team with a range of other tasks servicing the needs of SmartSat, including providing executive officer support for various committees.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Director: Communications and Outreach to implement the SmartSat Communication Plan;
- Collate and manage the production of corporate publications, including the newsletter, technical reports, and marketing collateral;
- Maintain and update the SmartSat website;
- Develop and maintain the SmartSat contacts database; and
- Assist the SmartSat Team with a range of routine editorial and production tasks, including writing, document assembly, copy-editing, newsletter production, web content, display development and other communication activities.
- Coordinate various SmartSat events and manage registrations or fee payments;
- Book and coordinate venues, catering, AV and seating for external events; and
- Assist in general event management when needed.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer with other activities relating to SmartSats education and knowledge transfer activities, including acting as executive officer for some SmartSat Committees, including the Education College and SmartSat Aurora
Apart from being extremely passionate about ensuring the success of SmartSat, you will have the following skills and attributes that will form the selection criteria for the role:
- Education, training and/or relevant work experience equivalent to a degree in marketing/communication/event management;
- Well-developed team skills and the ability to work with senior scientists, business and government people;
- Experience in working with external service providers (i.e. designers, printers);
- Broad experience in communications, including involvement in the development of communication and marketing strategies;
- Good editorial skills with high standards and an excellent eye for detail and consistency
- Able to write clear, plain, correct English;
- Experience in the maintenance and development of websites;
- Experience in organising promotional activities and event management;
- Experience in producing electronic newsletters and other forms of professional publications and marketing material (both print and electronic);
- Advanced knowledge of standard MS Office software, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- A background in science or in working in scientific and technological organisations; and
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign software and contact databases.
Please refer to the selection criteria you need to address. Please address your cover letter for the role to Andrew Beveridge, Chief Operating Officer.
SmartSat CRC values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, people with disability and people seeking flexible working arrangements.
Employees of SmartSat must qualify to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to undergo criminal record check.
Applications must be submitted with the following to be considered for the role:
- Up-to-date resume
- Cover letter detailing your ability against the selection criteria.
Applications close: Sunday 15 March 2020
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.