Part of the leadership team, A hands-on role, responsible for overall financial planning and management, Part-time role (0.6 FTE).
ABOUT SMARTSAT CRC
The SmartSat CRC is a consortium of universities and other research organisations, partnered with industry, that has been funded by the Australian Government under the CRC Program to develop know-how and technologies in advanced telecommunications & IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and next generation earth observation sensors & analytics.
POSITION BROAD PURPOSE
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is central to providing strategic leadership for the organisation's corporate and financial governance. This leadership role will identify and implement strategies which position SmartSat for growth and stability aligned with the future direction of the organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing financial advice and analysis to the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and operational aspects of financial management for the organisation;
- In conjunction with the COO, lead a collaborative financial planning process for the business and ensure effective planning cycles within Finance and Business Operations are aligned with the strategic directions of the organisation;
- Establish and implement robust financial and corporate management systems to increase organisational efficiency, accountability, transparency and decision-making;
- Manage the relationship with external accountants, auditors and banks ensuring that SmartSat meets all requirements for annual financial statements;
- Develop policies in relation to financial procedures and personnel management, taking into account the requirements of the Commonwealth, universities and industry partners;
- Ensure an appropriate internal control framework supported by relevant financial and risk management policies including organisational compliance to the SmartSat Delegations Policy;
- Manage the provision of payroll and salary packaging services for SmartSat employees in consultation with the COO;
- Build the SmartSat culture and engagement of our people through effective people leadership and management at both the team and individual level.
Apart from being extremely passionate about ensuring the success of SmartSat, you will have the following skills and attributes that will form the selection criteria for the role:
- A Degree in accountancy and/or management from a recognised tertiary institution, and/or a combination of education/training and/or experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the area of financial management including taxation, compliance, asset management, insurance, reporting and legal issues in a complex organisation with significant income, contract management and reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated ability in the management of financial systems, budgets and reporting financial information to a variety of stakeholders including boards, participants (or shareholders) and project teams;
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly word processing and the use of spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare policies;
- Demonstrated experience as a member of a management team and alignment to SmartSat cultural values;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Company Secretarial Practice and the Corporations Law;
- Experience within the Cooperative Research Centres Program including preparation of Commonwealth Reports and an understanding of the requirements of the Commonwealth CRC Agreement;
- Experience in the corporate governance of a company; and
- Experience in the financial management of a business within a technology industry
Please refer to the selection criteria you need to address. Please address your cover letter for the role to Andrew Beveridge, Chief Operating Officer.
SmartSat CRC values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, people with disability and people seeking flexible working arrangements.
Employees of SmartSat must qualify to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to undergo criminal record check.
Applications must be submitted with the following to be considered for the role:
- Up-to-date resume
- Cover letter detailing your ability against the selection criteria.
Applications close: Sunday 15 March 2020
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.