Exciting and dynamic role within Australias growing space industry, 3 year contract with option for extension, Convenient CBD location within Adelaide's newest innovation precinct.
ABOUT SMARTSAT CRC
The SmartSat CRC is a consortium of universities and other research organisations, partnered with industry, that has been funded by the Australian Government under the CRC Program to develop know-how and technologies in advanced telecommunications & IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and next generation earth observation sensors & analytics.
POSITION BROAD PURPOSE
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) the Project Officer: Research Programs will support the efficient development, implementation and management of research projects in SmartSat. The Project Officer is responsible for:
- Working closely with SmartSat Chief Research Officer, Program Directors, and Program Managers in the pre-award management and tracking of proposals;
- Supporting the COO with contract drafting, signing and project initiation phase;
- Maintaining communication with lead researchers and research teams on the progress of approved projects;
- Identifying and supporting the management of issues and risks that could affect SmartSat projects;
- Coordinating and preparing documents and briefing information on relevant projects for SmartSat meetings; and
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of SmartSats research projects, including updating the Project Management database.
Strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential for the efficient administration of the SmartSat research program. The Project Officer is responsible for:
- Representing SmartSat by attending project kick-off meetings, forums etc. with stakeholders and other organisations as required; and
- Supporting SmartSat by contributing to and coordinating stakeholder management and engagement in relation to specific partnership and funding proposals.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer with other activities relating to SmartSats research and project management activities, including acting as executive officer for some SmartSat Committees; and
- Other duties consistent with the needs of SmartSat as required.
Travel and after-hours duties
- Occasional interstate and local travel may be required; and
- A flexible approach to work is expected as some out-of-hours work will be required.
Apart from being extremely passionate about ensuring the success of SmartSat, you will have the following skills and attributes that will form the selection criteria for the role:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant work experience;
- Experience in grant management (pre and/or post-award) in a relevant role in a complex research environment, including relevant policies, procedures and regulations;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that enable collaborative partnerships both within and external to the organisation;
- Strong skills in project management, including a demonstrated ability to plan and organise work efficiently and to operate effectively in an environment characterised by short and often conflicting time frames;
- Sound writing skills and the ability to undertake projects independently, liaising with external stakeholders as necessary to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy - word processing, presentation software, email, internet and correspondence management databases and a demonstrated ability to adapt to new IT environments; and
- An understanding of intellectual property management and contract negotiation.
SmartSat CRC values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, people with disability and people seeking flexible working arrangements.
Employees of SmartSat must qualify to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to undergo criminal record check.
Applications must be submitted with the following to be considered for the role:
- Up-to-date resume
- Cover letter detailing your ability against the selection criteria.
Applications close: Sunday 15 March 2020
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.