We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic for an immediate start.
To be successful for this position you must have the following skills and experience:
* Trade qualified.
* Minimum 3 years post trade experience.
* Proven experience as a heavy vehicle diesel mechanic on a large variety of equipment - Trucks (CAT, Cummins, Detroit etc) and Trailers.
* Trouble shooting, diagnostic and preventative maintenance skills.
* Effective time management and attention to detail.
* Ability to pass a medical including drug and alcohol.
* Ability to work independently when required.
* Physically fit.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven high level of safety.
* Current drivers licence (minimum HR).
* Ability to be on call if required.
* Ability to work long hours and/or occasional Saturday.
* Must have reliable transport.
* Knowledge of auto electrical and advantage.
Duties included but not limited to:
* Complete job cards and service records.
* Undertake fault finding and diagnostics across a large variety of equipment.
* Manage the service schedule and maintenance of equipment.
* Maintenance of a wide range of equipment including petrol and diesel as well as trailers.
* High level of written and verbal communication.