Australias most successful Indigenous education program, Great first or second job for an Indigenous person, Join a small, passionate and supportive team; great leave and PBI benefits.
hard heads, soft hearts, capable hands
The Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF) was established in 2008 in response to community demand from Indigenous families who choose to enrol their children in boarding schools.
Bringing together the government and private sector, AIEF provides scholarship funding for Indigenous students to complete Year 12 or tertiary studies, with career support to help them make a successful transition to their chosen fields. AIEF has consistently achieved annual retention and Year 12 completion rates and career transition rates above 90% since funding its first scholarship in 2008.
Backed by some of Australias most influential business and community leaders, AIEF has grown from one scholarship student to now having around 450 students on scholarships annually, with a network of over 600 alumni and growing by over 70 graduates each year, from over 400 communities in every state and territory of Australia.
The Reception and Office Administrator has a variety of responsibilities including being the face of AIEF for phone enquiries and visitors, ensuring the office runs in a smooth and effective manner, and providing general administration duties.
As AIEFs Reception and Office Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Office systems and processes, including:
- General organisation, upkeep and stock control
- Coordination of contractors including cleaners, tradesmen
- Preparation of office and meeting rooms for meetings and functions, including teleconference and videoconference setup
- Equipment management including liaison with outsourced IT contractors
- Reception and mail duties during business hours
- Travel arrangements including flights and accommodation for the AIEF team
- Administration support for the Human Resources Manager and Chief Operating Officer
- Preparation of documentation including photocopying, printing, scanning and binding
- Typing and formatting correspondence including minutes, agendas, formal emails
- Database management, spreadsheet work
- Other ad-hoc administration
We are looking for someone who has an alignment of values and fit with AIEF (authentic, hardworking, productive, adaptable, reliable) and has:
- The demeanour to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation
- A character that befits a role that can be the first person people meet - always positive, friendly and professionally presented
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus, including a confident, professional telephone manner
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative to solve problems and find solutions
- Solid Microsoft Office skills
All AIEF employees are required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check by the Australian Federal Police and a Working with Children Check by the relevant State and Territory Government(s) as a condition of employment.
Please also include where you saw this advertisement.
Applications Close 12pm Monday 9 March
AIEF values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, especially Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.