Work within a dynamic environment, Opportunity for professional growth and career development, Be part of an industry leading property advisory organisation.
- Be part of an industry leading property advisory organisation
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development
- Work within a dynamic environment
Who We Are
Urbis is a market-leading firm that shapes the cities and communities of Australia for a better future. Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
Working across the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics and research, the expert team at Urbis connect their clients in the public and private sectors to a better outcome, every time.
We have an outstanding Melbourne CBD based role in our Group Finance team who have embarked on an ambitious finance transformation program including cash management, procure to pay; record to report; and an increased focus on providing strategic advice to internal stakeholders. The Finance Officer is responsible for supporting the Accounts Payable Supervisor in the day-to-day running of the Accounts Payable area and providing general accounting & system administration support.
We are looking for a team player to join who is keen to further develop their career in a friendly and supportive, fast paced, busy and diverse environment. As the Finance Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Data entry of invoices, staff expenses and corporate credit cards into Accounting System (BST)
- Liaising with internal staff (primarily Team Administration staff) on expenses, invoices and queries
- Monitoring and actioning items in the Accounts Payable inbox
- Maintaining the employee budget template on a regular basis
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2 years prior experience in a similar position in a commercially oriented organisation and exhibit a combination of the following technical skills, attributes and experience:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Demonstrates effective application of relevant software programs including finance and practice management systems (BST desirable)
- Demonstrates ability to enter data accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach to filing of documents including accounts payable, supplier invoices and employee expenses
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s a place where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. To find out more about us visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers.
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us. We do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible, however, if we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.