Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sales Associate (SA) is a critical part of the retail sales team at MetLife and will work closely with Sales Managers to drive execution of targeted sales plans with high value adviser practices across Australia. The role will also be responsible for the delivery of exceptional support for adviser stakeholders (including support staff) helping them with quotes, lodgements, training on systems and processes and any other activities which help them optimize their B2B relationship with MetLife. In addition, the SA will be responsible for taking direct calls and responding to emails from advisers for operational support during business hours and working with operations to ensure that systemic service issues advisers are encountering are identified and actioned appropriately. In addition, the role will include some pro-active phone based marketing of MetLife Protect product and face to face (F2F) if required I.E. representing MetLife at industry events, PD days and conferences to promote the use of MetLife products as directed by the State Manager.
- Responding to adviser queries and calls during business hours.
- Maintain adviser data integrity and drive the development and utilization of Salesforce.
- Support the execution of MetLifes presence at licensee events and forums (e.g. PD days and Conferences).
- Represent the Sales team as required in a variety of internal forums including Operations, Technology, Finance, Risk and Compliance.
- Event management of MetLife run adviser masterclasses.
- Providing oversight for the management and timely admittance of new business through the suspense pipeline.
- Management reporting for the state.
Deep knowledge of retail insurance products and how they are underwritten.
Loves helping people and delivering great service. Able to problem solve and goes above and beyond what is required every time.
Expert at using data to identify trends and opportunities.
Stakeholder Management / Building Partnerships
Very high Emotional Intelligence. Able to develop collaborative relationships with our clients and use a range of strategic influencing skills internally to navigate the organisation and successfully align the full resources of MetLife behind the pursuit of our sales objectives.
Understanding of the key trends in the life insurance and wealth management industry in Australia.
Planning and Organisation
Excellent planning and organisational skills. Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast paced working environment. Able to easily establish and implement plans for self and others.
Communicating with Impact
Communicating in a way that is clear, concise, and easily understood; communicating with impact and credibility; influencing others using persuasive arguments; appropriate language, style, and terminology for the situation.
Instinctively curious and constantly identifying new ways to improve and grow the business. Not afraid to speak up and always looking to improve self and others. Actively seeks out new challenges loves solving problems.
Has a positive work ethic and takes responsibility for their actions. Demonstrates initiative and will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Thrives in a team environment. Adaptable and flexible a broad range of styles.
Key Knowledge Areas
- Knowledge of and experience in dealing with insurance quoting systems.
- Expert user of Excel, including macros.
- Salesforce experience (preferred but not essential).
Markets and Customers
- Knowledge of the financial services industry including how advisers businesses work.
- Understanding of MetLifes competitors including key offerings and relationship strategies.
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualifications (preferably but not essential Business with a major in finance, accounting or financial planning) or desire to study towards one.
- 2 years experience in a similar role, preferably within the Financial Services Industry.
What's in it for you
- Great central location
- Fantastic employee benefits including - flexible work arrangements, health & wellbeing allowance, access to corporate discounts through Perks at Work, additional purchased annual leave, super matching and free weekly fresh fruit.
- Access to ongoing professional development, including study support and career progression within a leading global organisation.
Applications close Tuesday 10th March 2020