Permanent full-time opportunities, Willing to travel, work weekends and be on call, Join an organisation that is pivotal to the success of Queensland.
Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
The Network Assets Team are seeking two motivated Facilities Maintenance Planner and Schedulers (Electrical) to join their team in Brisbane. One position will be primarily located at our Sunshine depot whilst the other will primarily be located at our Corinda depot. The flexibility to work across different workgroups or depots is required of this position. As a Facilities Maintenance Planner and Scheduler, you will be responsible for planning and implementing all facilities maintenance and minor works activities by planning, managing resources and scheduling work within relevant timeframes.
About the role:
- Prepare, plan and implement work programs using Queensland Rail’s computer-based systems to provide a high level of facilities maintenance services, including capturing histories and other relevant maintenance information, to meet work priorities, customer and business requirements.
- Ensure regular preventative maintenance and inspections are conducted in accordance with relevant standards and systems
- Source and provide technical information and advice on all aspects of Facilities Maintenance and communicate workplace tasks to tradespersons
- Source and manage purchase requests for parts, contract services and stock to ensure timely repairs and maintenance can be carried out in the most efficient manner possible
- Co-ordinate and negotiate with other groups, teams, work groups and external suppliers to provide effective work programs and develop harmonious working relationships through regular consultation and negotiation
- Assist the Manager / Coordinator to manage expenditure to achieve an effective and cost-efficient maintenance service and provide input into the development of budget forecasts
- Lead and manage continuous improvement of all work processes by staying in touch with new technology and new work practices and sharing this knowledge with the work group
- Substantial level of knowledge of electrical work in accordance with the Electricity Act and AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules
- Substantial level of skill in planning, programming and resource management to support the day to day operation of facilities maintenance depots, stations and yards to achieve operational goals
- Substantial knowledge of Queensland Rail’s safety and environmental management system and strategies when planning and programming maintenance work to ensure Queensland Rail’s safety and environmental obligations are achieved
- Substantial knowledge of Queensland Rail electrical maintenance standards, systems and processes including the maintenance of related assets to improve reliability and availability and ensure customer needs are met.
- Substantial analytical and problem-solving skills for use in repair and improvement, process and system change
- Substantial interpersonal, leadership and people management skills to deal with all levels within the organisation and external suppliers
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- National Drivers Licence ‘C’ Class
- Certificate IV in Electrotechnology
- QLD Electrical Fitter and Mechanic Licence
- Willing to travel, work weekends and be on call
This is a permanent opportunity with the starting salary approximately $78,961 + superannuation + penalties + overtime
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 9am 10th March 2020.
Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply for this position.