Be part of a large-scale organisation within a group of technical specialists, Support for your passion with investment in digital tools and future technology, Close-knit team culture as you enjoy the central Newcastle CBD location.
Our Water team is currently seeking an experienced Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) professional become an integral member of our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.Using your technical background across BIM, CAD and other digital tools, this is an exciting career opportunity to enjoy a key role in supporting both current and future projects.
Partnering with other technical design professionals within a truly collaborative multidisciplinary environment, you will support diverse projects that will both challenge and reward you. This is your chance to make an impact in the successful delivery of solutions for our clients and to be part of an organisation that is embracing the future in utilising contemporary digital tools!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Play a central supporting a variety of projects, acting as a key hands-on technical specialist across BIM, CAD and other digital tools
- Utilise a confirmed ability to produce detailed design solutions, supporting Project Managers and other senior leaders to deliver against set standards, guidelines and other client specific requirements
- Collaborate with offshore technical resources and our broader multidisciplinary teams within an environment that is passionate about innovative technical solutions
- Mentor future professionals, contribute to broader team objectives and promote digital innovation and related work practices
What you will bring to the team:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s coupled with proven experience in a similar position, ideally within a similar organisation
- A depth of experience across both CAD and BIM tools (AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, 12D, Plant 3D, Bentley/Projectwise)
- Strong design capabilities with the ability to action designs from feasibility through to detailed BIM models
- Demonstrate a passion for detail, quality and innovation in driving the delivery of technical solutions
- Confident ability to collaborate with and provide technical leadership to internal stakeholders
- Those with proven programming/coding skills will be viewed favourably
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
We have streamlined our application process to make it easier for you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application. At GHD, we only accept applications submitted online via the "apply" button, and we will connect with you once we have reviewed your Resume and Cover Letter.
For more information contact Jordan Monier.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.