- Maternity leave contract till December 2020, with possibility of extension
- Location: Sydney CBD George Street
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
In this role, you will be providing support to the Executive of Practice, Quality & Performance and the Executive of People & Culture.
The Practice Leadership and People & Culture teams work with Mission Australia's services and enabler business units to increase our impact, so together we can reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through the services we deliver and our courageous voice.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide high level administrative and secretarial support to two Executives
- Act in accordance with our values and build positive working relationships
- Coordinate diary and meetings including travel arrangements
- Utilise your strong administrative skills to review documents and prepare presentations
- Be intuitive when prioritising incoming correspondence and taking action where necessary
- Compile and send formal minutes with participants, and distribute minutes with action items
- Actively liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth and effective business operations to achieve Missions Australia’s strategic priorities
- Develop systems to ensure the effective management of information and data
Requirements for Success
- Experience supporting two executives (preferably in a not for profit or with the government)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation, administration, time management and prioritisation skills
- High level of diplomacy and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all times
- Action-orientation with excellent initiative, integrity and problem solving ability
- Experience in preparing executive documentation including meeting minutes, board packs, reports and presentations
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience and knowledge of finance systems
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 17 March 2020.