Newmont Goldcorp Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index
When you join Newmont as a newly-hired graduate, youre really going places in more ways than one. All graduates recruited are participants in our Newmont Graduate Program (NGP), a 2-year structured professional development program that will provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills and experience needed to excel within this dynamic industry.
Newmont aims to optimise early development and to ensure you receive the best practical experience and formal training, while developing your own personal, interpersonal and organisational skills to maximise your full potential.
What We Offer
- Permanent employment from your commencement date;
- Technical and career development mentoring;
- Guided career path/structured learning;
- Face-to-face professional skills development workshops;
- Regular performance feedback
- Learning sessions hosted by global Newmont executives
- Access to programs developed for internal leaders in the business
What We Look For
- Tertiary level qualifications (Bachelor Degree or higher) in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering
- Strong academic record
- Previous industry or vacation work experience within the mining industry
- Strong team work, initiative and communication skills
- A track record and interest to work in remote locations
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.