About the business
How 'bout we skip right ahead and get down to the nitty-gritty. Our small business is located in Brendale, Brisbane. We are biased but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world, helping one business after the next to look fantastic. Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs there is some good news and there is some bad news.
About the role
Let's get the bad news out of the way first:
You won't get rich at this job. The pay is $25-30/hour. It can be some extra spending money, for sure. However, if you are seeking a job to support a household then this is no longer the "coolest" graduate graphic design job ever, it is now the "suckiest" graduate graphic design job ever.
We aren't Google. You won't sit on a beanbag (although there is pingpong) and it can be a little hectic. You will do some pretty basic design stuff at the beginning as you learn the ropes and the lay of the land.
Benefits and perks
Now let's talk about the good stuff:
1. Our office is located in Brendale, home to the city's best coffee. Okay, so that part is maybe not the greatest, but there are some (truly) great things...
2. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly with our experienced team helping them with a mix of projects and support.
3. The hours are flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. Want to start at 8am and finish at 2pm No problem. Rather have Fridays off so you can enjoy an unlimited supply of long weekends Cool, we can do that too. As long as there are no surprises, we are happy.
4. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do.
5. You don't need to be skilled at mini-golf, bowling or ping-pong, but you will likely be doing all of those things. Every few months we do something fun as a team.
Skills and experience
Now, let's talk about job requirements:
1. You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
2. You need to have a design qualification as you will be doing graphic and web design. Canva doesn't count.
3. You will be on the phone a lot. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting directions.
4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. We get a kick out of making our customers feel good.
5. You need to nail down the details. You don't need to race through work and get things done half-arsed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
6. If you are shy or quiet that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the partyin fact, we would embrace quite the opposite.
We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done. (Oh, and we occasionally swear at the officenot muchbut sometimes a joke is only funny with an F-bomb). In short, your job is to help out in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn't fun!).
Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality. But what we don't expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get itwe prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
This is a graduate graphic design job. The pay is $25-30 an hour and the hours will be 20-25 a week.
You must come into the office (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. We can't wait to meet you!!!