Operational Management background in Transport & Logistics, Do you possess strong negotiation and internal resolutions skills, Exposure to continuous improvement and analytics to provide operational insight.
Toll Group, part of Japan Post, is the Asia Pacific region's leading provider of integrated logistics services, employing approximately 40,000 people across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Toll's second-to-none capabilities and global reach help provide customers with logistics solutions capable of serving the most comprehensive global supply chains.
The role of Regional Returnable Packaging Manager is to monitor the performance of the regions team by ensuring the equipment control system (2iC) is up to date and accurate, reviewing the reconciliation and supplying feedback and support to the team for improvements and corrective action.
You are required to provide the National Returnable Packaging Manager and the State and Depot Operations Managers within your region a detailed report on the reconciliation for the regions performance monthly, coupled with an explanation of variations supported by graphical analysis.
You will also be required to identify any areas for improvement and work closely with your team to process map and implement the necessary changes required to mitigate gaps in procedure. Working closely with the National Returnable Packaging Manager, you will be focusing on areas such as a drive for a divisional team culture, striving for success through synergies in adherence to a divisional process relative to the best practise document.
- Monthly reconciliation and reporting of all hire equipment and explanation of variation.
- Scheduling regular audits of Linehaul, Bulk and PUD fleet pallet movements
- Attend meetings relative to returnable packaging control and processes (on and off site locations)
- Reviewing and reporting on all equipment hire and equipment management results within established deadlines - by branch and consolidated;
- Manage a physical stocktake of returnable packaging;
- Assess hire levels to defined target(s) and optimisation;
- Review and approval of certain invoices for payment;
- Assist management in the development of a culture which values hire equipment and equipment control;
- Audit the counting and recording of returnable packaging off the consignment notes, MDTS, PCDs, LPAs, manifests and transfer dockets.
- Management and appropriate resourcing of returnable packaging department (e.g. primary duties and rostering);
Skills & Experience
A background in Transport Operations, understanding of the palletised business and strong change management skills are considered essential to this role. This includes an ability to analyse, report, identify improvements and subsequently work with your team to implement improvements and be receptive to open conversations pertinent to effective change management.
- Transport industry knowledge with experience with returnable packaging procedures
- Strong previous management/supervisory experience
- Ability to work systematically, so as to meet regular reporting deadlines
- Proven problem solving ability with a solutions orientation.
- Ability to influence and work in partnership with other departments, Toll divisions and offshore partners
Working at Toll
At Toll, were proud to be a leading integrated logistics provider in the Asia Pacific region. And we know our success is due to the quality and skill of our talented people - quite simply, our people are our most valuable asset. We work hard to create a workplace that supports our peoples careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work.
When you join Toll, youll join 40,000 customer-focused people who are working across 1200 locations in more than 50 countries. Our employees are passionately committed to our vision - to deliver outstanding logistics solutions for our customers, at every stage of the supply chain.
Toll Group does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to any Toll Group employees. Toll Group will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
All Toll Group employees must be entitled to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing.